Practicing yoga comes with many therapeutic benefits from reducing stress, relieving anxiety, and managing depression to decreasing lower back pain to stimulating brain function.
Whether you are a regular yoga practitioner or a newbie starting out, it’s essential to practice yoga safely, with the correct form and instructions.
For some yogi’s you may need the assistance of a yoga chair if you suffer from mobility issues or to provide you with extra support and enable you to do the modified versions of those challenging poses.
Whether you want to work on your spinal twist, cat-cow stretches, or a headstand, there is a wide range of yoga chairs that will enable you to do that.
We trawled through countless yoga chairs to bring you a round-up of the best yoga chairs available, allowing you to clear your mind and perfect your best asana move!
Designed in Germany and manufactured sustainably under the highest standards in Europe, the Feet Up Yoga Headstand Stool is an impressive addition to our top list of yoga chairs.
100% certified wood is used and crafted responsibly with eco-friendly packaging. Soft vegan leather is used to provide padded cushioning on the neck support.
Outstanding for its unique design and shape, devised exclusively to enable safe inversions without risks or pressure on the neck or spine.
Includes a FeetUp Asanas poster, showing over 100 yoga, fitness, and relaxation exercises for your daily practice along with a first inversion guide.
Available in 4 color combinations, you get to practice inversions with your mind at peace that your yoga chair is ethical!
- Made in Europe
- 100% certified wood
- Soft vegan leather
- Comes with a poster outlining 100 yoga, fitness & relaxation exercises
- First inversion guide
- Available in 4 colors
- Brand : FeetUp
- Model: Feet Up Yoga Headstand Stool
- Specifications: H 15.8 x L 25.2 x W 15.8 inches
- Sustainably manufactured
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Enjoy all the benefits of inversions right away without risks or pressure on your neck or spine
- Competitively priced
- Ideal for all levels of yoga practitioners
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Provides great neck & shoulder support
- Great for building core strength
- Not suitable for users that exceed a bodyweight of 250 pounds
Conforming to your body and reclining for all those yoga balance moves are made possible with the BonVivo Yoga Meditation Chair.
The seat’s backrest offers an adjustable feature that gives you support to achieve a comfortable posture.
The mixture of padding, PE, and PU foam ensures maximum seating comfort and can be assembled and disassembled with minimal effort.
The BonVivo Yoga Meditation Chair is foldable, it can be easily stowed away and thanks to its carrying handle is lightweight and easy to transport.
The chair is stable and supports a maximum bodyweight of 220 pounds, so you can sit in your yoga pose peacefully!
- Material: polyurethane & PE foam filling
- Fabric: polyester & warp knitting
- Adjustable backrest & an angle of 180 degrees
- Supports body weight of up to 220 pounds
- Premium stain-resistant fabric
- Extra thick padding
- The cover is removable & machine washable
- Brand : BonVivo
- Model: BonVivo Yoga Meditation Chair
- Specifications: 38.58 x 3.15 x 16.93 inches
- Portable, just grab & go
- Easy to clean
- High-quality fabric
- It's foldable & conforms ideally to the body offering maximum comfort for sitting & reclining
- It functions as a floor lounger or seat cushion & it fits perfectly into any room
- Functional & versatile: gaming, watching TV, reading, extra seating & yoga chair
- Promotes healthy posture
- Only adjusts to 180 degrees, not other angles
Safely build core strength and practice yoga inversions, while relieving neck tension with the WV WONDERVIEW Yoga Inversion Chair.
Sporting a high-density PU cushion makes it comfortable when inverting with no pressure at all on your head and neck.
The steel frame design is durable and strong, providing the right support, along with the non-slip pad. This Inversion Chair is not moving, it’s staying put.
The removable cushion provides flexibility to use it doing many different yoga poses and the ergonomic design allows even a novice to start practicing inversion safely.
Let the WV WONDERVIEW Yoga Inversion Chair support you!
- High-density PU cushion material
- 4 cm thick sponge
- Thick aluminum legs
- Non-slip pad
- Reinforced design
- Steel frame
- Removable cushion
- Brand: WV WONDER VIEW
- Model: WV WONDERVIEW Yoga Inversion Chair
- Specifications: Cushion: 7.5 x H 4.5 x W 16.9 inch
- Ideal for building core strength & practicing your inversions
- Great for relieving neck tension & resolve problems with headstands & shoulder stands
- Competitive price
- Non-slip pad & reinforced design make it sturdy & durable
- Helps with the body's blood circulation & improves blood supply to the head
- Multi-use chair: home gym, push-ups, core work & inversions
- Assembly may not be straightforward
Align your spine with the revolutionary chair that will change the way you sit with the Gaiam Yoga Ball Chair.
Designed to encourage wellness and help to soothe aches and pains.
You get micro-movements from sitting on a balance ball chair to engage the body and mind, leading to higher energy levels and increased productivity.
Constructed with a stable, lightweight base made from molded PVC, latex-free, it supports a maximum user capacity of 300 pounds.
The height of the back of the chair is 2.5 feet tall, with the base measuring 20 inches wide from one side of the wheels to the other.
A great chair to improve your posture and improve your balance.
You get a balance ball and base, back support, easy-glide locking wheels, a support bar, and an exercise guide.
Enabling you to get optimal performance with the Gaiam Yoga Ball Chair!
- Latex-free, anti-burst 52cm ball
- Balance ball & base
- Provides back support
- Easy-glide locking wheels
- Support bar
- Air pump
- Exercise guide
- Ball available in 9 colors
- Stable, yet the lightweight base is made from molded PVC
- Maximum weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Brand: Gaiam
- Model: Gaiam Yoga Ball Chair
- Specifications: 22 W x 31 H x 22 D inches
- Ergonomic back support and spinal alignment
- Strengthens your core as you sit
- Easy one-tool assembly
- Desktop workout guide provides an effective low-impact workout and stretching routine
- Promotes micro-movements and constant stimulation of the body - the mind will experience a heightened sense of focus and concentration
- Available in multiple colors
- Not for practicing head & shoulder stands
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more impressive backless yoga chair to help you relieve back pain and help build your body shape, than with the Qarm Auxiliary Yoga Chair.
With no front crossbar, it allows the widest range of poses to be done and with no backrest attached, it’s suitable for any yoga practitioner.
The bold steel tube chair bone makes it stable and firm, with cotton and linen fabric cushion, dirt-resistant and wear-resistant providing welcomed support to the back.
It comfortably supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds.
The Qarm Auxilliary Yoga Chair truly is a versatile chair that can be used for standing or sitting asanas, forward extensions, twists, inversions, backward extensions, and abdominal asanas.
Priced competitively, you’ll get a bang for your buck. Let Qarm Auxilliary Yoga Chair be the one you lean on!
- Backless yoga chair
- Bold steel tube chair bone, stable and firm
- With cotton and linen fabric cushion
- Dirt-resistant & wear-resistant
- Double-barred back leg
- H-shape metal legs with soft & high-quality flax and sponge pads
- Maximum weight capacity: 250 pounds
- Brand: Titoni
- Model: Qarm Auxiliary Yoga Chair
- Specifications: 16 W x 32.5 H x D 16 inches
- No front bar, allowing the widest range of poses
- No backrest attached
- Can be used for multiple positions
- Suitable for all levels, from beginner to advanced level practitioners
- Sturdy & comfortable
- No assembly required
- People who like to grasp a horizontal bar at the front, will not like that they can only grasp the horizontal bar between the back legs
An impressive backless chair that is designed for practitioners to deepen yoga practice is what you get with the Samadhaan Iyengar Backless Yoga Chair.
It’s an excellent yoga chair to help perform asanas that are difficult to perform without modifications or without support.
Ideal support for beginner-level to advanced-level yoga practitioners.
With a flat seat, it’s perfect for the right alignment of your body. The back legs are connected with a bar, which makes it particularly strong and durable.
Made with a high-grade tubular MS frame, the chair is a powerhouse to support a maximum weight of 220 pounds.
Sporting a corrosion-free material with a powder-coated durable finish adds to the strength of the structure, making it resistant to shocks and breakages.
It comes with a free poster illustrating 45 chair yoga poses, so all you need to do is practice your favorite yoga pose with the Samadhaan Iyengar Backless Yoga Chair!
- Metal Yoga Chair
- Backless Design
- Flat seat rest
- High-grade tubular MS frame
- Corrosion-free with powder-coated finish
- Folds up for easy storage
- Designed for Restorative Yoga
- Max recommended weight: 220 pounds
- Brand: Samadhaan
- Model: Samadhaan Iyengar Backless Yoga Chair
- Specifications: 36.93 x 18.35 x 1.81 inches
- Designed for yoga practitioners to deepen yoga postures
- Comes with a free poster with 45 chair yoga poses
- Helps to perform asanas which are difficult to do independently
- Useful for beginner to advanced levels
- Suitable for sitting or standing asanas, forward extensions, twists, inversions, backward extensions & abdominal asanas
- Easy storage
It’s no surprise that this extra-large relaxing meditation and yoga chair complete with back support and a meditation block has made it into our top list of yoga chairs with the Friends of Meditation Relaxing Meditation and Yoga Chair.
Ideal for helping people with back problems or who have limited flexibility, helping them to maintain an upright posture when sitting cross-legged.
It comes with a detachable curved back support for keeping the spine in perfect alignment, and a detachable 3-inch Zafu for raising hips to avoid the numbness of legs making this the perfect chair to sit in comfort and practice all those key asana moves.
The durable soft-brushed cotton cover is zippered and removable for easy cleaning and it comes with a complimentary water-resistant bag making it easy to store or transport.
Backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a solid 7-year warranty allows you to get accustomed to prolonged sitting with your Friends of Meditation Relaxation Meditation and Yoga Chair!
- Extra-large meditation & yoga chair
- Detachable curved back support
- Water-resistant bag
- Available in 4 colors
- Registered design in India
- Thick padding
- Soft brushed cotton cover is zippered
- Cover is removable for cleaning
- Brand: Friends of Meditation
- Model: Friends of Meditation Relaxing Meditation and Yoga Chair
- Specifications: H 28.5 x L 24 x W 22 inches
- Extra-large yoga chair
- Great for users below 6'2'' / 188cm
- Complimentary water-resistant bag
- Detachable 3-inch Zafu for raising hips to avoid numbness of legs
- Multifunctional use: sitting on the floor, helps with back problems or limited flexibility
- Helps beginners in meditation for prolonged sitting
- Ideal for a day-long retreat or seated yoga positions
- Easy maintenance
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- 7-years warranty
Get a yoga inverted stool to help support the weight of your shoulders, to help you do a correct inverted position with the Restrial Life Yoga Headstand Bench.
The Restrial Bench is ergonomically designed to support the weight through the shoulders and make the headstand simple.
Made of environmentally friendly solid wood materials, the framework is also designed with super pressure resistance and has a high-density PU sponge cushion providing maximum comfort.
In addition to helping with a yoga headstand, it also helps with other yoga exercises making it truly versatile.
Easy to install, it comes with a non-slip mat preventing floor scratching or sliding, and supporting a maximum load of 300 pounds makes the Restrial Life Yoga Headstand Bench one of the best yoga props available!
- Material: wood & high-density PU cushion
- Maximum user weight: 330 pounds
- U-shaped pads & t-pads
- Ergonomic design
- 100% certified wood
- Waterproof PU
- Non-slip mat
- Steel frame
- Yoga action guide & brochure provided
- Brand: Restrial Life
- Model: Restrial Life Yoga Headstand Bench
- Specifications: H 15.4 x L 24.5 x W 15 inches
- 5-year warranty
- Enables yoga block exercises, waist exercises, leg exercises, hip movement & many other yoga positions
- Maximum user weight: 330 pounds
- Ideal for a yoga studio, bedroom, balcony, office, gym & outdoor use
- Easy to install
- Multifunctional stool: yoga headstand bench & yoga block
- Easy to carry & popular with yoga enthusiasts
- It may not be suitable for people with blood pressure
Yoga ChairsBuying Guide
A yoga chair is a prop to help give support to yoga practitioners who have stiff or weak legs, which may be prohibiting practitioners from doing certain yoga poses.
Using a yoga chair to balance on, enables different poses to be done safely.
Yoga chairs come in a few different styles, from backless to balanced ball chairs, to name two styles. The different designs allow you to focus on specific yoga moves.
We’ve compiled a helpful buying guide, outlining the key features you may need to screen for, to prevent the process of buying a yoga chair from being intimidated.
Leaving you to strike your best yoga pose!
Type of Yoga You Want to Practice – What kind of poses do you wish to do with the yoga chair?
Do you want to recline? Stand? Invert? Twist? Balance? Or a combination of all these moves?
If you want to focus on perfecting inversions, you should look for an inversion yoga chair.
If on the other hand, you want to use the chair to balance on for support, you may find a standard yoga chair more suitable.
Types of Yoga Chairs – The style of chair you select will be determined by the kind of yoga poses you wish to practice, and your age and height.
- Standard Seat – If you have a standard desk chair or kitchen chair at home, it may work as a yoga chair.
Whether it’s a wooden chair or an average metal foldable chair could work for you to sit on or use as a pillar. However, they may not be the correct height for you or your body type.
Whilst many desk chairs work as substitute yoga chairs, you need to make sure the desk chair does not have wheels or armrests.
- Backless Yoga Chair – Backless yoga chairs enable a large range of yoga moves to be accessible to you. There are lots of inexpensive backless yoga chair options on the market.
Typically they are foldable metallic chairs that are sturdy and strong.
- Balance Ball Chair – Balance ball chairs have become hugely popular as replacements to a standard desk chair.
Balance balls embrace sitting on a ball, activating your core, and consciously working on your back posture.
Balance balls can also act as an effective yoga chair. If your balance ball has wheels, make sure you lock the wheels in place when using it for yoga practice.
- Inversion Yoga Chair – An inversion yoga chair will safely build core strength and help you practice inversions.
Inversion yoga chairs help relieve neck tension and help resolve issues on how to do headstands and shoulder stands in yoga practice.
- What is a yoga chair used for?
- It’s no secret that practicing yoga nourishes your mind, body, and soul, and keeps you fit. Anyone whose tried yoga will know it's essential to follow the instructions and have the correct form.
Yoga chairs are a great tool to provide support and help modify moves for people who lack mobility. Leaning or holding onto a chair allows you to extend your legs, while your upper body weight is supported by the chair.
Yoga chairs are also ideal for providing security to practice all those tricky yoga poses requiring balance of steel.
A yoga chair is also invaluable in helping to learn a particular movement that is assisted with the resistance that a yoga chair provides.
With time you’ll get better at doing yoga poses with the help of a yoga chair.
- What moves can you do using a yoga chair?
- Yoga chairs can help with many yoga poses from twists, hip stretches, forward bends, cat-cow stretches, raised hand poses, chair pigeons, and spinal twists.
There are also uniquely designed yoga chairs that help to do headstands and shoulder stands, with the right support and balance.
It may be too difficult for some yoga practitioners to attempt some of these moves correctly without the support of a yoga chair.
- Who should use a yoga chair?
- Yoga chairs are great for beginner-level yoga practitioners or elderly people who require the support of a yoga chair to maintain their balance and correct posture alignment.
Anyone seeking greater flexibility, increasing mental focus, correcting their body posture, lowering their stress, and anyone who has back injuries would benefit from a yoga chair.
Yoga chairs are a great support mechanism for people with mobility issues, allowing them to modify yoga postures.
- How much does a yoga chair cost?
- Expect to pay between as little as $45 at the budget end and around $280 at the premium end for a quality yoga chair. If your budget allows, you’ll get your money’s worth.
- Exploring the Therapeutic Effects of Yoga and Its Ability to Increase Quality of Life – NCBI
- Iyengar Yoga for Treating Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knees: A Pilot Study – PubMed
- 9 Benefits of Yoga – John Hopkins Medicine
- Maintaining a Regular Yoga Practice Can Provide Physical and Mental Health Benefits – American Osteopathic Association