These days it’s quite common to look for inexpensive and compact fitness devices that offer wide-ranging resistance training.
Chest expanders are excellent for providing resistance training in your home or when on the go.
You get resistance with tubes made from rubber or other elastic material to help build muscles in the upper body.
Many chest expanders enable the resistance to be adjusted, so the stronger and fitter you become you can adjust the resistance progressively.
Chest expanders are ideal for sculpting and building upper body strength and improving flexibility, and are great for men and women.
We trawled through countless chest expanders to bring you our top picks. Leaving you to stand tall and expand your sculpted chest with pride!
Say goodbye to your old spring power twister chest expander and say hello to the EAST MOUNT Power Twister.
Made of high-density double carbon steel, firm and durable, it’s made to withstand wear and tear.
Ergonomically designed PU handles provide you with a comfortable grip and a special anti-slip texture design protects against accidentally falling off.
The buckle of the handle’s bottom is easy to store and convenient to carry.
Sporting a hydraulic power twister ensures it’s safer and more durable due to the patented hydraulic adjustment system principle, which prevents the danger of the spring breaking and it won’t rebound and hurt you.
Boasting adjustable resistance with a simple rotation of the knob allows you to dial up the resistance from 22 to 440 pounds, making this perfect for newbies and veterans.
Build muscle and burn fat with the EAST MOUNT Power Twister!
- Adjustable resistance by roatating a knob from 22-440 pounds
- Double-layer steel tube design
- Stable triangle structure
- Professional micro-rebound
- Adjustable length: 36.2-48.8 inches
- PU soft rubber handle
- Available in 3 colors
- Brand: EAST MOUNT
- Model: EAST MOUNT Power Twister
- Durable material
- Safe with micro-rebound
- Adjustable resistance
- The buckle of the bottom of the handle is easy to store & convenient to carry
- Great for training arms, chest & back
- Excellent mid-range priced chest expander
- Available in different colors
- If you're seeking a chest expander that enables you to work the core, this is not for you
If you’re looking to exercise the wrists, arms, shoulders, chest, and back at the same time, the RELIANCER Adjustable Hydraulic Power Twister is perfect for you to develop your grip and increase muscle strength for the upper body.
The unique golden ratio triangle structure with 10 reinforcement rivets gives the arm trainer load-bearing capacity, while always keeping it in a stable state.
The RELIANCER is a hydraulic arm exerciser made of high-density double carbon steel, engineered plastics, and a hydraulic cylinder, which passed 100,000 endurance tests, ensuring durability.
An ergonomically designed PU handle provides you with a comfortable grip and a special anti-slip texture design provides safety.
Unlike other spring-based exercises, the RELIANCER Power Twister adopts a totally enclosed hydraulic cylinder which offers you stable resistance strength, which will not weaken over time.
The resistance strength can be adjusted by rotating the knob, from 22 to 440 pounds, and has 2 to 20 levels, ensuring as you get stronger you can just up the resistance level.
Push in to get the resistance you desire with the RELIANCER Adjustable Hydraulic Power Twister!
- High-density double carbon steel
- 10 reinforcement rivets
- Patented hydraulic adjustment system
- Totally-enclosed Hydraulic Cylinder
- Adjustable resistance from 22-440 pounds
- 2-20 levels
- Golden Ratio Triangle Structure
- Ergonomically designed PU handle
- Available in 3 colors
- Brand: RELIANCER
- Model: RELIANCER Adjustable Hydraulic Power Twister
- Specifications: 17.13 x 6.5 x 1.77 inches
- Adjustable resistance, as you get stronger
- Hydraulic power twister which is safer & more durable, as there is no danger of the spring breaking or rebounding
- Passed 100000 endurance tests
- Perfect for exercising your wrists, arms, shoulders, chest & back all at the same time
- Great for developing your grip, building strength in your fingers & increasing muscle strength in the upper body
- Anti-slip texture design protects against accidental falling off
- Available in different colors
- Suitable for men & women
It’s no surprise that the impressive chest expander from Sunsign has made it into our top list with the Sunsign Adjustable Chest Expander.
Made of natural Malaysian latex tubes ensures the tubes are extremely strong tensile and resilient.
A cool camouflage sheath offers anti-tension, anti-oxidation, and strong sheath, helping to avoid any rebound that would otherwise result in an accidental injury.
Sporting three-stage removal clips enables easy disassembly to adjust the resistance as you progress on your training journey. There are 4 resistance levels to select ranging from 80 to 198 pounds.
Equipped with a thickened steel pipe that has a universal rotating buckle head, gives it a high load-bearing capacity.
Let the Sunsign Adjustable Chest Expander tone your upper body so that you feel awesome in your clothes!
- Malaysian Natural latex tubes
- Comfortable cushioned pads
- 2 soft non-slip rubber handles
- 4 resistance levels to choose from: 80, 105, 150 & 198 pounds
- 6 resistance bands - you can choose to use 2, 4, or 6 resistance bands
- Quick-release chucks
- 3 stage removal clips
- Brand: Sunsign
- Model: Sunsign Adjustable Chest Expander
- Great for working chest, arm & lateral chest muscles
- 4 resistance levels to choose from
- Can be used for different types of workout: pectoral muscle building, shoulder & back workouts, strong arms, leg & hip workouts
- Comes with a convenient travel bag for easy transportation & convenient storage
- Elastic band installation & disassembly tutorial
- Ideal for people seeking an upper body workout
- Very high load-bearing capacity
- The steel resistance band bar is sold separately
If you’re looking for a chest expander to train a variety of muscle groups, look no further than the Ueasy Adjustable Chest Expander.
Made of natural latex tubes, ABS, with high tensile strength ensures great elasticity and durability.
Sporting 5 soft latex tubes, which are easy to detach or reattach, enables different strength intensities to be selected ranging from 143 to 264 pounds.
Perfect for training your arms, chest, shoulders, back, and whole upper body, the Ueasy Adjustable Chest Expander is the perfect upper body exercise.
The simple structure is easy to take to the office, the gym, camping, or traveling, allowing you to do your exercises anytime, anywhere.
Let Ueasy Adjustable Chest Expander improve your strength and power!
- Adjustable resistance
- Anti-slip handle
- 5 bold thick, latex tubes
- Available in 4 colors
- 4 different levels of resistance based on color - 143, 176, 220. & 264 pounds
- Brand: Ueasy
- Model: Ueasy Adjustable Chest Expander
- Durable quality
- Adjustable resistance by removing or adding the number of latex tubes
- Suitable for medium to advanced fitness levels
- 5 soft latex tubes are easy to detach or reattaching the latex tubes for different strength intensity
- Perfect upper body exerciser to train your arms, chest, shoulders, back & your whole upper back
- Compact & handy & a great alternative to free weights
- Designed to improve strength & power
- Not available in lower resistance levels than 143 pounds, so may not be suitable for absolute beginners
Hand-built by masters, scrutinized by experts, and tested relentlessly, comes the Core Prodigy Python Power Twister, built for the toughest workouts.
The handles are fixed but the resistance is adjustable by varying the placement of your hands.
A close grip increases the resistance and a wider grip decreases the resistance.
Boasting durable powder-coated steel springs and equipped with internal safety springs ensures safety, and prevents rebounds and injury.
The wrist wraps provide an added measure of safety by holding the Python Power Twister in place.
Engineered for comfort and strength let the Core Prodigy Python Power Twister put your upper body through its paces!
- Adjustable resistance from 40 to 100 pounds
- Durable powder-coated steel springs
- Internal safety spring & wrist wraps
- Long proprietary rubber handle grip
- Brand: Core Prodigy
- Model: Core Prodigy Python Power Twister
- Specifications: 28 x 2 x 2 inches
- Competitive price
- Great for working the chest, shoulders, traps & biceps
- Highly effective isometric exercises for the arms & improved shoulder strength to increase stability, injury recovery & prevention
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Ideal for men
- Comes with an internal safety spring
- The handles are fixed. To adjust you move your hands on the bar to increase/decrease the difficulty
- Not for users who want a resistance greater than 100 pounds
Build, sculpt and shape your upper body with the GOFITNESS Push Down Bar Machine and let it act as your personal trainer.
It’s more than just a chest muscle builder, the GOFITNESS upper body exerciser can also be used to target precise muscle groups to accelerate growth, enhance definition and increase strength, including the chest, arms, abs, shoulders, and back.
Unlike resistance bands, you don’t need doors, rafters, beams, or trees to attach to.
Simply pick up your GOFITNESS Push Down Bar Machine and get a targeted workout with a variety of different movements.
Resistance ranges from 30 to 110 pounds and is suitable for both men, women, beginners, and veterans alike.
Built with 4 super-tough, steel springs, these high-grade springs are compressed, offering a great range of motion and eliminating rebound and breakage risk.
With a lightweight design, the GOFTINESS Push Down Bar Machine is a breeze to travel with!
- Resistance ranges from 30, 50, 70, 90, & 110 pounds
- 4 super-tough, steel springs
- Springs are compressed
- Powerful frame structure
- Offers full-range of motion - 26-inch
- Brand: GOFITNESS
- Model: GOFITNESS Push Down Bar Machine
- Specifications: 30.5 x 9.3 x 1.9 inches
- A great addition to the home gym
- Increases muscle mass
- Versatile use - Chest, biceps, triceps, shoulder anterior, abs & core, back lats & bow pulling
- Ideal for men to pump up their pectorals
- Ideal for women to lift their breasts
- Suitable for beginners & veterans alike
- Offers a great range of motion
- Lightweight & portable
Engineered for comfort and strength the TOCO FREIDO Chest Expander is an outstanding device.
Constructed with 5 natural latex tubes allows you to choose different resistance levels to suit your fitness level.
In order to adjust the resistance simply attach or detach the latex tubes. Each tube offers 20 pounds of resistance.
The soft latex tubes are eco-friendly, with a design that makes them non-snap.
The soft rubber-covered handles protect the user’s hands and prevent hands from slipping during chest exercises.
It’s ideal for improving muscle strength for the chest, arms, legs, shoulders and back, whether at the gym or in your home gym.
Get flexibility, improve muscle strength with the TOCO FREIDO Chest Expander!
- 5 thick latex tubes
- Soft rubber covered anti-slip handles
- Adjustable resistance - Each tube is 20 pounds
- Available in 4 colors
- Brand: TOCO FREIDO
- Model: TOCO FREIDO Chest Expander
- Specifications: 11.8 x 8.2 x 2.65 inches
- Adjustable tension
- Easy assembly/disassembly
- Durable tension
- Lightweight & durable
- Can be used for improving chest muscles, arms, legs, shoulders & back
- Rigid & stable construction
- Multiple tension levels are suitable for men & women
- Doesn't come with an exercise manual
Chest ExpandersBuying Guide
If you’re keen on buying a great resistance training appliance, you’ll be eager to snap up a chest expander, which is a portable fitness device that enables you to work multiple muscle groups in your upper body.
We’ve put together a comprehensive buying guide to help you find the right chest expander. Leaving you to focus on sculpting your upper body!
Types of Chest Expander – There are 4 main styles of chest expanders, which are devices for strengthening the chest and other upper body muscles. A chest expander involves stretching steel springs, rubber cables, or latex tubing.
- Adjustable Chest Expander – Adjustable chest expanders allow you to increase or decrease the resistance. This can be done either by removing or adding resistance cables.
Pay attention to how many springs it has and whether the springs are detachable. When you want to decrease the resistance, you simply detach 1 or 2 of the springs.
- Chest Expander Bar – Often referred to as a torque stick, or chest spring bar, or twister bar, a chest expander bar offers effective resistance by keeping muscles under constant tension for isometric and isotonic strength and endurance workouts.
Resistance can be adjusted with the placement of your hands being closer to get increased resistance.
- Power Twister Arm Exerciser – A power twister arm exerciser is commonly designed with a golden ratio triangular structure and allows you to adjust the resistance by rotating a knob to meet your training needs.
Material – You want a chest expander that is durable and can handle the pressure applied via resistance. Generally, chest expanders are made of carbon steel, latex, or ABS.
If the chest expander allows the resistance to be adjusted, how easy is it to adjust the resistance?
Secure Grip/Handles – You want a chest expander with solid, secure, and ergonomically designed handles to provide a strong and comfortable grip.
What material are the handles made from? Are they anti-slip handles?
Exercise Type – Which part of the upper body do you intend to train? The chest? Arms? Shoulders? All of them?
Some chest expanders are great in working the chest and arms, but may not work the shoulders. Other chest expanders are versatile and enable you to work the chest, shoulders, traps, and biceps.
This will influence which model of chest expander you select.
Men or Women – Is the chest expander suitable for men only or women too? Most women want to firm and lift their breasts but they don’t want to bulk up. Men want to pump up and tone their pecs.
Is the resistance suitable for both sexes?
Extra Features – Does the chest expander come with extra devices? Additional features to link, handles, resistance bands, etc?
Additional features can offer versatility in the kind of exercises you can use the chest expander for.
Price – What is your budget? Balance what your needs are, the features you are looking for, and the highest quality chest expander you can get within your budget.
- What is a chest expander?
- A chest expander is a portable piece of fitness equipment that consists of two handles connected by springs that provide varying degrees of resistance.
A chest expander helps to supplement calisthenic exercises. The basic exercise involves a compound exercise using the chest, back, and shoulder muscles.
Different chest expanders offer the flexibility to adjust the tension, hence making the compound exercise more difficult as you get fitter and stronger.
There are a few different types of chest expanders, adjustable chest expanders, which as the name suggests allow the resistance to be increased/decreased to suit your need.
A chest expander bar resistance is increased based on the positioning of your hands and power twister arm exercisers have a golden ratio triangular structure and typically resistance can be adjusted via a knob dial.
- What are the benefits of a chest expander?
- A chest expander is an inexpensive simple fitness device, which is not only lightweight but portable, making it convenient to take with you and use pretty much anywhere.
If you are looking for a piece of equipment that offers your upper body a variable resistance workout, then a chest expander delivers in spades. The more you move the handle of a chest expander the greater resistance it emits.
Many chest expanders offer adjustable resistance, making them ideal for beginners or women at the lower end of the resistance spectrum.
Chest expanders are great for building functional strength, promoting ligament and tendon strength, and toning chest muscles.
Chest expanders are low-impact pieces of equipment that offer smooth and stable resistance, making them ideal if you are dealing with injuries.
Chest expanders simulate many of the same upper body exercises that you get when using free weights, however, chest expanders are much cheaper than free weights.
Anyone looking to work their deltoids and pectorals and improve their breathing capacity will benefit from using a chest expander.