If you want to drown out at-home disturbances that may prevent you from sleeping, or if you need to sleep during the day as you work at night, or to help you sleep on your next plane heading to a different time zone, good quality eye masks can help you get a good night’s sleep.
Sleep masks are an excellent, inexpensive, and helpful way to block out bright lights, enabling your brain to produce melatonin and hence, enhancing the quality of your sleep, improving your health.
Not all eye masks are the same and it can be challenging trying to find the right sleep mask that is smooth, is compatible with your pillow and sleep position, and blocks out light effectively, fitting you like a glove.
We’ve done all the work to review countless sleep masks, to identify the best eye masks on the market, allowing you to drift off to sleep like a baby!
If you are looking for a weighted blanket for your eyes, look no further than the Nodpod Weighted Sleep Mask, which applies gentle pressure giving a calming effect, like a hug.
Nodpod’s patented design lays softly across your head to apply gentle, evenly distributed pressure for a comforting fit and soothing experience.
The pull-through design is adjustable and elastic-free so it works with all sleep positions, whether you are a side, back, stomach sleeper.
With a 100% blackout design that contours to your face, it provides a complete light-blocking experience to help you relax, find relief, and fall asleep faster.
The ace-up Nodpod’s sleeve is a dual material design that is cooling on one side, warm on the other. If you want to cool it further, you can pop it in the freezer!
Ideal for sleeping, travel, meditation, yoga, and more, let the Nodpod Weighted Sleep Mask give your eyes a hug!
- The pull-through strap design is adjustable & elastic-free
- Light blocking fit
- Dual comfort material design - one side jersey cotton, the other side warm microfiber
- Microbead fill
- Hollow ends
- Scalloped edge
- Available in 6 colors
- Brand: Nodpod
- Model: Nodpod Weighted Sleep Mask
- Specifications: 6.3 x 4.2 x 3.5 inches
- The pull-through strap design is adjustable & elastic free so it works in all sleep positions
- 100% blackout design contours to your face for complete light blocking experience
- Dual material design is cooling on one side, warm on the other side
- Competitive price
- Perfect for sleeping, travel, meditation, yoga and so much more
- The perfect gift idea & travel accessory
- It may not be the best sleep mask for stomach sleepers
Using the same deep touch pressure stimulation as the Gravity Blanket, the patented Gravity Weighted Sleep Mask primes your body for sleep by blocking out light and distributing light touch across key relaxation pressure points.
The light distribution of pressure across key relaxation pressure points allows you to fall asleep more deeply during the night.
The exterior is made with a soft micro-plush luxurious fleece and the inside is made with premium satin. The interior is made of 100% polyester and glass beads.
Sporting a velcro strap that can be adjusted ensures this one standard size caters for all with a hook and loop closure style.
Wrap your eyes in a cocoon of bliss with the Gravity Weighted Sleep Mask!
- Color: grey
- Closure type: Hook & loop
- Hand wash only in warm water
- Made with micro-plush luxurious imitation cashmere & glass beads
- Adjustable velcro strap: 23-32 inches
- Distributes 0.75 to 1 pound of weight lightly across your eyes
- 1 standard size
- Brand: Gravity
- Model: Gravity Weighted Sleep Mask
- Specifications: 7.48 x 5.31 x 1.81 inches
- Primes your body for sleep by blocking out light
- Distributes light pressure touch across key relaxation pressure points
- Hand washable
- Great for people who are anxious, stressed, or have trouble sleeping
- Adjustable strap
Designed by an orthopedic surgeon to provide relief from migraine headaches, tension headaches, sinus pain, and eyestrain, the IMAK Compression Eye Mask will soon become your helpful and constant companion.
Its massaging ergobeads provide a gentle massage effect around the eyes, while its patented stitching design alleviates direct pressure on the eyes.
Great for relaxing, resting, meditation, alleviating travel strain, and providing eye relief after hours of computer work or gaming, its weighted compression aids in the feeling of relaxation.
You can store the IMAK Compression Eye Mask in the freezer to provide soothing cool relief for tired and puffy eyes, without the harshness of ice or gel packs.
The weighted eye mask effectively blocks out light and the durable elastic strap keeps the mask in place for side-sleepers.
Give your eyes much-needed TLC and aid sleep with the IMAK Compression Eye Mask!
- Weighted compression
- Provides cooling relief - Use it chilled
- Blocks out light
- Closure type: pull-on
- Breathable cotton lycra fabric
- Hand wash cold, air dry
- A durable elastic strap keeps the mask in place for side-sleepers
- Brand: Brownmed
- Model: IMAK Compression Eye Mask
- Specifications: 1 x 5.5 x 10 inches
- Provides gentle massaging comfort & block out light
- Avoids irritating eyelids
- Can chill the eye mask for cooler relief
- Provides weighted compression
- Great for travel or aiding sleep
- Provides relief for eye strain, puffy eyes, headaches, migraines, sinus pain & pressure
- A good option for side sleepers
- Some users may find creases & tugs on the hair
Experience the perfect sleep mask, made with adaptable Tempur material for a comfortable fit on the nose and around the eyes, with the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask.
Perfected with signature Tempur breathable fabric, it contours around your unique shape providing ultimate comfort and fit.
The adjustable strap allows a snug fit throughout the night with the elasticized strap and velcro closure, blocking out any unwanted light.
Its compact sizes make it ideal to carry by hand or to pack into your luggage, as a must travel companion.
Sporting a unique memory foam construction ensures it stays cool to the touch.
You’ll experience true tranquility and rejuvenation, night after night with the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask!
- One size fits all
- Closure Type: Hook & loop
- Adjustable strap
- Elasticized strap and velcro closure
- Breathable fabric
- Memory foam construction
- Brand: Tempur-Pedic
- Model: Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask
- Specifications: 10.4 x 3.1 x 1.3 inches
- One size fits all
- Great for travel, sleeping, relaxation, meditation
- Contours to your face for complete light blocking
- Good mid-range price option
- The mask is heavier than the average mask
- In the summer it may feel hot & bulky for some users
Get better sleep no matter where you are with the outstanding Bucky 40 Blinks Contoured Eye Mask, giving you the ultimate comfort you need with deeply molded cups that allow you to blink freely.
The convex eye sections allow the wearer to completely block out light, blink without friction and protect natural or false lashes during sleep while getting the best sleep possible.
Sporting a lightweight, smooth, breathable, and comfortable design allows for nightly or occasional use.
Made with safe, non-toxic glues, makes the Bucky 40 is not only environmentally friendly but safer for the delicate eye area.
Available in 29 different colors and styles, gives you a huge range to pick the color that speaks to you!
Relax and fall asleep quickly without light and wake up feeling refreshed with the Bucky 40 Blinks Contoured Eye Mask!
- 100% polyester & 100% polyurethane foam
- One size fits all
- Closure type: Velcro
- Hand wash cold only
- Contoured fit
- Available in 29 different colors/styles
- Brand: Bucky
- Model: Bucky 40 Blinks Contoured Eye Mask
- Specifications: 11 x 7 x 3 inches
- Orbital space allows you to blink freely
- Lightweight, foldable for easy travel
- Good airflow & comfortable
- Great for shielding bright light
- Increases REM, allowing better sleep
- Adjustable & contoured for pressure-free eye comfort
- Perfect for men, women & kids
- It won't smudge your eye make-up & is eyelash extension free
- Not as durable as other options
For dry-eye sufferers, people with sensitive eyes or skin conditions such as eczema come to a natural sleep aid and eye relaxer with the Alaska Bear Sleep Mask.
The Alaska Bear natural silk mask is naturally hypoallergenic, treating your eyes and skin with kid gloves.
The super-soft texture interacts with your skin protecting the delicate facial skin around your eyes preventing creases and wrinkles.
The fully adjustable strap expands from 15.8 to 27.6 inches in circumference, making it suitable for men, women, or kids.
This gentle, easy-to-adjust headband won’t snag hair, so if you are sleeping whilst traveling you don’t need to worry about waking up with bed hair.
Let the Alaska Bear Sleep Mask turn off from the world, in your own style and conditions!
- Silk eye exterior & inner section made with cotton
- Premium adjustable strap
- Strap adjusts from 15.8 to 27.6 inches
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Innovative canthus design
- Available in 13 different styles
- Hand washable
- Brand: Alaska Bear
- Model: Alaska Bear Sleep Mask
- Specifications: 5 x 5 x 0.7 inches
- Provides 100% light blocking
- Hand washable
- Budget-friendly price
- Great fit for back & stomach sleepers
- Suitable for men, women & children
- Ideal for dry-eye sufferers, sensitive eyes, or skin conditions such as eczema, due to the use of non-toxic dyes
- Perfect to protect eye make-up & eyelash extensions
- Buckle stays at the back of your head, not at your temples, which may be uncomfortable for side-sleepers
Wake up feeling refreshed, well-rested, and more energetic with the Nidra Deep Rest Eye Mask, due to its advanced ergonomics that uniquely contour to your face and eyelids for maximum sleeping comfort.
Featuring the capability to block out all light and visual stimuli, it allows you to sleep longer in complete darkness, just like your own person black-out curtains.
With its unique design with deeply molded cups that curve away from the eyes and eyelashes, you get shielded from light without smudging eye make-up or compressing your face, eyelids, and eyelashes while you sleep.
The adjustable velcro strap enables one size to fit everyone and what’s more, it’s washable so that you can keep it clean no matter how often you use it.
It’s an incredibly lightweight sleep mask, so whether you are in bed, on a flight, or on a long car ride, or even camping, you’ll enjoy an uninterrupted, deep, restful sleep.
Sleep deeply anywhere, anytime with the Nidra Deep Rest Eye Mask and improve your health!
- Patented eye cup design
- Molded eyecups
- Adjustable velcro strap
- One size fits all
- Closure type: Velcro
- Brand: Nidra
- Model: Nidra Deep Rest Eye Mask
- Specifications: 7.48 x 0.04 x 3.54 inches
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Blocks light & visual stimuli for deeper REM sleep
- Molded eyecups shield without compressing eyes or face & without smudging eye make-up or eyelashes
- Contours to your face & eyelids
- Ideal for sleepers sitting upright or back sleepers
- Not the best choice for stomach sleepers
It’s no surprise that the newly improved eye mask from Mavogel has made it into our top list with the Mavogel Cotton Sleep Eye Mask.
With its patented built-in bending cartilage and 5 layers of soft breathable material and longer adjustable straps, allows you to effectively block out all light, and sleep in ultra comfort.
The soft cotton triangle wing design ensures minimum pressure is applied around the eyes and face.
Sporting a thick and wide strap, and a buckle in the back means your ears won’t be irritated.
Ideal for home use, travel, office/shift work, or other occasions under bright light, the Mavogel Cotton Sleep Eye Mask lets you get sound sleep!
- Made of 5 layers of breathable cotton
- Pull-on closure type
- Thick adjustable strap
- Long elastic strap, fits all sizes - 19-29 inches
- Patented bending arbitrary cartilage design
- Cotton triangle wing design
- Brand: Mavogel
- Model: Mavogel Cotton Sleep Eye Mask
- Specifications: 7.48 x 3.7 x 0.39 inches
- Longer straps
- Buckles are away from the ears, ensuring greater comfort
- Soft & breathable material
- One size fits all
- Ergonomic design
- Minimum pressure on the face
- Ideal for home use, travel, office/shift work & other occasions under bright light
- Great budget options
- It may not be ideal for people with eyelash extensions
An impressive smooth sleep mask that cloaks your eyes in total darkness, promoting sleep is what you get with the Lunya Washable Silk Sleep Mask.
The exterior is a pure silk mask and the filling is made of 100% polyester filling, giving you the feeling that you are sleeping with a silky cloud on your face.
The wide elastic band makes this silk fabric mask ideal for all style sleepers, back, stomach, and side sleepers, and prevents hair creases or breakage.
One size fits all with a circumference of 23 to 26 inches. Not only does the Lunya Sleep Mask block out pesky light, it muffles out noise disturbances too.
Available in 6 trendy colors from an energizing blue to a meditative grey, allows you to look fashionable while you sleep.
Whilst the Lunya Sleep Mask is on the pricier end of the spectrum, you won’t be complaining when you wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!
- Machine washable cold & lay flat to dry
- Wide elastic band
- 100% silk exterior
- 100% polyester filling
- One size fits all
- Available in 6 colors
- Brand : Lunya
- Model: Lunya Washable Silk Sleep Mask
- Specifications: Circumference - 23-26 inches
- Muffles noise
- Blocks light
- Wideband provides full coverage
- Comes in 6 colors
- Prevents hair creases
- Reduces the appearance of fatigue & dark circles
- Moisturizes your skin
- Machine washable
A top pick for all hot sleepers seeking a naturally cool to the touch sleep mask, with the Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Sleep Mask.
Made from luxurious mulberry silk, the Brooklinen Sleep Mask lacks friction so it won’t leave lines, or cause damage to your skin or hair.
Effectively blocking out light whilst being cool to the touch, it’s ideal for hot sleepers to get some shut-eye and not feel hot under the collar.
Hand washable, and returns permitted within a year of purchase mean you can sleep peacefully.
Why have cotton when you can have premium silk with the Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Sleep Mask?
- Luxurious Mulberry silk
- Gentle elastic band
- Made in China
- Hand wash with cold water
- Available in 7 colors/styles
- Brand: Brooklinen
- Model: Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Sleep Mask
- Specifications: 4.3 x 8.6 inches
- A great pick for hot sleepers
- Breathable fabric
- The elastic band won't pull or break your hair
- Returns are permitted within a year of purchase
- Hand washable & line dry
- Won't create any crease marks on your face
- Not for cold sleepers
Sleep MasksBuying Guide
If you’re one of those people who needs a helping hand to fall asleep or are disturbed by bright lights, sleep masks are a great and inexpensive sleep aid to help you sleep and help the quality of your sleep.
There’s so much choice for sleep masks, from masks offering deep pressure stimulation, convex eyecups to the snazzy smart masks peppering the market.
It can become a confusing maze to know what type of sleep mask is right for you.
That’s why we’ve summarized the key features you may want to consider before purchasing a sleep mask. Allowing you to fall asleep at the drop of a hat!
Design and Comfort – Ideally you want a sleep mask that is not too loose and not too tight. You don’t want the straps to be digging in, or uncomfortable around your ear area, giving you a headache.
You want a sleep mask that sits comfortably on your face snugly and preferably a design that does not put pressure on your eyes or causes breakage or hair damage.
These days there are a few different designs available on the market.
- Weighted Sleep Masks – Like weighted blankets, weighted sleep masks offer deep pressure stimulation.
Weighted sleep masks are heavier than traditional sleep masks and have a filler consisting of microbeads, flax seeds, or lavender buds.
A weighted sleep mask is a great option to reduce anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia, nervous travelers, and people who suffer from headaches.
- Cold Compression – Many sleep masks work well by putting them in the freezer, to get them nice and cold and provide the benefits of a cold compress.
Sleep masks that offer a cold compress are ideal for tired, stressed, and puffy eyes, or people suffering headaches, who are wanting some cold relief.
- Convex or Flat Eye Cups – Do you want the eyecups to be flat or convex? If you don’t want an eyecup that restricts blinking or smudging eye make-up or eyelash extensions, a convex eye cup might be preferable.
On the other hand, if you are a side or stomach sleeper, a convex design sleep mask may not suit your sleeping style and you may prefer a flat sleep mask.
- Smart Sleep Masks – If you want some extra comfort and additional features to help you fall into blissful slumber, you may decide to opt for a smart sleep mask.
In addition to blocking out light, many models offer the ability to mute sounds, massaging the temples, and many more features. Smart sleep masks can make a dent in your budget.
Material – What kind of fabric do you prefer against your skin? Sleep masks can be made from different fabrics and each one has different merits. Which fabric you prefer comes down to your personal preference.
- Cotton – For those of you who are devoted fans of cotton bedsheets, you won’t need to be sold on how comfortable and soft sleep masks made from a soft and breathable cotton material are.
- Silk – If you like a smooth and polished texture, that is often found in luxury pillows, then you will be a fan of sleep masks made of 100% silk. They can help to prevent wrinkles around the eyes and look youthful and refreshed.
- Polyester – Sleep masks made of polyester are lightweight, replicate the feeling of a silk mask however, it’s cheaper on your wallet than an actual sleep mask made of silk.
- Foam – Sleep masks made of foam are great for retaining their shape, allowing you to open your eyes and blink, don’t smudge eye makeup, or disturb eyelash extensions.
- Beads – Weighted sleep masks are filled with beads, to provide deep pressure simulation. Some models offer heating or cooling effects in addition to the added pressure.
Adjustable Strap – You want a sleep mask that fits snugly, is not too tight, or is too loose. Look for a sleep mask that has an adjustable strap, offering customization whatever your head size.
What kind of strap does the sleep mask have? There are two main types of straps. An elastic strap secures the mask in place or a pull-through style strap that you pull through and secure in the back.
The type of strap suitable for you will also depend on the style of sleeper you are. If you are a back sleeper, the pull-through style which is fastened at the back will not be suitable for you.
Light Blockage – Whether you plan to wear the sleep mask at home or when traveling or when in brightly lit areas, there is no better way of signaling to your body that it’s time to sleep than by making it dark.
Look for sleep masks that fully block light out, allowing you to get to sleep and stay asleep deeply.
Sleeping Position – Which sleeping position best describes you will heavily influence the type of sleep mask that is best suited to your needs and will enhance your sleep experience.
Are you a back, side, stomach, or combination sleeper?
The general rule of thumb is that you will want to avoid bulky-style sleep masks if you are a side sleeper.
If you are a back sleeper, you want to ensure the sleep mask blocks light from all angles and if you are a stomach sleeper you want to opt for flat style masks.
Lightweight – If you are a jet setter, chances are you take your sleep mask with you on your merry travels. You want something light and easy to pack.
Durability and Machine Washable – You want something that you can repeatedly use and is made of good quality material that is comfortable to allow you to sleep peacefully.
Whether you plan to wear the sleep mask occasionally or every day, you want to be able to clean the sleep mask to maintain hygiene. Look for sleep masks that are washable.
- What are the benefits of a sleep mask?
- Sleep masks are designed to help you sleep quicker, get deeper and longer sleep. By blocking 100% light from your eyes, your brain starts to produce melatonin. This is the pivotal hormone in the brain that is required for the REM deep sleep process.
Being exposed to light, even dim lighting will negatively impact the levels of your melatonin by lowering them. Leading to you getting lighter, or interrupted, or less restful sleep.
Wearing a sleep mask can block light, allowing your brain to produce healthy levels of melatonin and aid in restful sleep.
Sleep masks are an inexpensive aid to promote sleep, whether you are at home, traveling, or doing shift work or someone who suffers from insomnia or other sleep disorders.
Sleep masks can help acclimatize to a new time zone, and help you feel rejuvenated and rested in the morning.
- Why would I need a sleep mask?
- You might be someone who suffers from a sleeping disorder such as insomnia, or you are trying to sleep in the middle of the day and work at night.
Or you’re traveling and want to get some shut-eye amongst the hustle and bustle of travel and changing time zones.
- Will sleep masks irritate my skin?
- If you ensure you follow the care instructions for your sleep mask and clean it regularly it should not cause any irritation to the delicate skin around your face and eyes.
If you have sensitive skin opt for a sleep mask that is made from 100% natural, breathable materials like cotton or silk and wash it with a mild scent-free detergent.