Treadmills can improve your fitness, burn calories and help you on your weight loss goals. Running elevates the heart rate, helping to improve circulation and strengthening your heart.
If you live in a climate that is far from dependable, running outdoors on a regular basis may not always be possible, which is why the prospect of a treadmill in your home can be hugely beneficial.
Treadmills can help you mix up your running workouts and provide a consistent indoor workout.
Having a treadmill at home gives you the freedom to workout at any time, based on your personal schedule.
You don’t lose time traveling to commercial gyms or making countless excuses why the snow or rain meant you couldn’t get an outdoor run in.
No matter what your fitness goals are or what your level is, treadmills are super versatile and offer a wide variety of workouts for everyone.
From a brisk uphill trek, a consistent jog, or high interval training (HIIT) to allow you to train for a long-distance marathon.
Outlined below are the best treadmills on the market. All you need to do is get your workout gear on, get ready to play your upbeat playlist, and start getting in shape one stride at a time.
Working out can be a chore and demand a level of solo motivation that escapes even the most devoted fitness enthusiast.
That’s why the Pro-Form SMART Pro 2000 Treadmill is an outstanding treadmill that takes the sting out of working out alone by bringing you in-home trainer-led studio sessions with a full 1-year family iFit membership from the comfort of your home.
For those not wishing to renew the iFit membership once the free 1-year membership runs its course, you’ll be thrilled to know the Pro 2000 has 50 preloaded onboard workout programs.
The Pro 2000 comes with a strong motor, with a horsepower of 3.25, robust enough to support daily running.
You’re put through your paces with a declining range of -3% to an incline range of up to 15%. Leaving no time for you to get into cruise control and complacency.
Sporting a spacious tread belt of 22 inches in width and 60 inches in length allows ample room to walk briskly or run with galloping strides.
The deck also comes with Pro-Form’s patented ProShox cushioning, allowing welcoming cushioning on joints.
The Pro 2000 has a decline setting, allowing it to fold it for compact storage. In addition, it benefits from EasyLift assist, which makes it super easy to lift and store the treadmill deck.
The deck is locked in a folded state with a hydraulic arm. The hydraulic system makes it easy to lower the deck hands-free.
So the only heavy lifting you need to do is lace up those running sneakers.
The console soundbar has two 3-inch speakers built-in, allowing you to plug headphones into the audio jack.
It also permits connectivity of your mobile device to the console via Bluetooth, so that you can listen to your playlists through the console speakers.
Obviously, you want to sweat and burn off unwanted calories, but you want to work out in comfort.
The Pro 2000 has two fans built-in that offer comfort and temperature regulation so that you can work out for longer.
Whilst it’s great to have a Smart HD Touchscreen, it’s even better to have the additional option to watch something on your tablet or phone to pass the time quicker.
Which is why it’s a silver lining that the Pro 2000 has a secure tablet holder, allowing you to catch up on your favorite shows whilst you pound the tread belt.
- iFit 1-year family membership included
- Display - 10 inch Smart HD Touchscreen
- Motor - 3.25 Horsepower
- Tread belt - 20 x 60 inches
- Speed 0 - 12 MPH - QuickSpeed button control
- -3% decline to 12% incline
- ReBound Pro Cushioning
- Folding deck - SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist
- CoolAire fan
- Bluetooth audio capabilities with dual 2-inch speakers
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Brand: Pro-Form
- Model: Pro-Form SMART Pro 2000
- Size: 35.3 x 77.3 x 59.6 - inches
- 10-year frame warranty
- 2-year parts & 1-year labor warranty
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Great quality yet affordable treadmill
- 1-year free iFit membership included
- Strong treadmill motor for this price point
- Foldable, space saver
- $199 threshold delivery
- ProShox Cushioning is good, but not as quiet as other treadmills models
- Returns charge a $250 return shipping fee plus a 10% restocking fee
If you are looking for an affordable indoor cardio solution, look no further than the Schwinn 810 Treadmill. Don’t let the word affordable sidetrack you.
This is a mid-range treadmill at a great value, offering some impressive features.
It may not have all the hi-tech features that the more expensive treadmills on the market have, however it has all the key features you’ll need if you are looking for a quality treadmill designed for walking or jogging, enabling a healthy lifestyle.
The Schwinn 810 has a spacious running belt of 20 x 55 inches, which is a great size for a treadmill at this price and makes it a versatile option for people of various heights.
If you want to take your fitness to the next level no treadmill is complete with a max power-adjustable incline of 10% which the Schwinn 810 has.
Making you climb steep hills, working your calves, glutes, and thighs, and torching more calories.
It comes with 16 preset workout programs, that will add diversity to your workouts.
If you start getting tired of them, you can access countless workouts by downloading the Run Social app with running routes around the globe.
Or alternatively, park the Schwinn 810 in front of your TV or place your iPad to watch your favorite show whilst you workout, without it obstructing the monitor.
And if you’re in the mood for some pumped-up tunes, whether it’s Flashdance or any other tune that gets your heart pumping, you can listen to your playlists via Bluetooth capability and the integrated speakers.
The folding feature is quite cool and halves the treadmill size.
The Soft Drop capability means all you have to do is give it a kick and it folds down effortlessly.
The transport wheels allow you to conveniently tilt and roll it once it’s folded to the location of your choice.
The Schwinn 810 Treadmill is a sure-fire way of kicking your fitness to the forefront of your lifestyle.
- 21 onboard programs plus manual mode
- Motor 2.75 horsepower
- Incline up to 12%
- Max speed of 12 MPH
- Wireless heart rate receiver
- Blue backlit LCD
- 20 x 55-inch running belt
- Softrak deck cushioning system
- SoftDrop Folding system
- Transport wheels
- In-console speakers
- Media shelf
- Water bottle holders
- Three-speed workout fans
- Brand: Schwinn
- Model: Schwinn 810 Treadmill
- Size: 61 x 35.6 x 56.7 inches
- 10-year frame & drive motor warranty
- 2-year labor, 1-year electrical & mechanical warranty
- Returns permitted within 6 weeks of the purchase
- Standard shipping of $99 in the Contiguous US
- Easy to assemble
- Good quality treadmill at an affordable price
- Saves up to 4 user profiles
- Detailed workout statistics & goal tracking
- Standard shipping plus assembly $349
- For users 200 pounds or more, the treadmill can get quite noisy
Great functionality combined with an intelligent design and impressive technology is what you get in the Echelon Stride Treadmill.
As if motivating oneself to work out wasn’t a challenge, the Echelon Stride is constructed with convenience in mind, putting a stop to all the excuses.
All you entry-level fitness enthusiasts, walkers, and joggers don’t need to waste any time in putting your work out sneakers on, as this treadmill is ready to put you through your paces.
Featuring a portable, lightweight design and built-in wheels makes it easy to move to the location of your choice.
You do your workout and then fold it away with its auto-fold technology. Super easy!
Heart pumping workouts are made accessible through live and on-demand studio fitness from the comfort of your humble abode.
Being part of a fitness community gets you energized and adds inspiration to get on the Echelon Stride when your motivation is ready to leave the building.
Whilst the Echelon Stride won’t be the right choice for hardcore runners, anyone wanting to elevate their heart rate and start their fitness journey can chart a course with speeds ranging from 0.5 to 12 MPH and a max incline of 10%.
Slow and steady wins the race!
- 12 levels of incline, with a max incline of 10%
- Speed 0.5 - 12 MPH
- Motor horsepower of 1.75
- Energy-efficient brushless DC motor
- Treadmill weight 156 pounds / 70.8kg
- Deck suspension - frame-balanced elastomer for impact absorption
- Auto-folding system
- Variety of streaming training options & styles
- Brand: Echelon
- Model: Echelon Stride
- Size: Assembled dimensions - 69.3 × 31 × 49.2 inches
Folded dimensions - 69.3 × 31 × 10.25 inches
- 30-day return policy
- Good auto-folding system
- Works as standalone or with an app
- Light overall unit means easier to maneuver
- Well-suited to the entry-level walkers & joggers
- User weight capacity of 300-pounds
- Steeply priced for the features it offers
- Max incline of 10% vs. standard 15%
- Short warranty on parts & electronics
- Not for taller runners, as the running track is small for them
If you’re looking for a treadmill on a modest budget, then the Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill could be for you.
The TR150 Folding Treadmill doesn’t come with all the hi-tech smart features or Bluetooth capabilities that would offer an interactive running experience.
The TR150 Folding Treadmill’s sweet spot is bringing you a treadmill that gives you the basic features a home treadmill should have, all at an affordable price.
It comes equipped with a 5-inch LCD console, which tracks all your workout metrics from time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse.
Hand pulse grip sensors are mounted on the side handlebars to keep your training in your optimal fitness zone.
Boasting an XtraSoft cushioning deck technology provides welcomed support on joints and offers maximum impact absorption minimizing injuries to the knees.
There’s no time for your fitness to plateau with three manual adjustable incline settings and a powerful 2.25 horsepower motor allowing speeds from 0.5 to 10 MPH.
With a generous running surface, it caters to all fitness levels and sizes.
Once you’re done with your workout the fold-up sleek design allows you to stow it away until your next workout.
- Large 16 x 50-inch walking/running surface
- Large 5-inch LCD display
- Speed range 0.5 - 10 MPH
- Pull the knob to release the deck to fold or unfold
- 12 preset programs for your workout
- 3 manual incline settings
- Cup holders
- 2.25 horsepower
- Brand: Xterra Fitness
- Model: Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Size: 63.4 L x 28.75 W x 51.4 H - inches
- Lifetime frame warranty
- 1-year motor warranty
- 90-days deck, parts & labor warranty
- Economical & basic treadmill
- Good treadmill for joint issues or bad knees with XtraSoft cushioning
- Easy transportation
- Folding deck, great for saving space
- Low electricity use
- Quick & convenient assembly
- No Bluetooth facility, or any connection to other mobile phone fitness apps
- Weight capacity is only 250 pounds, so not suitable for heavier runners
- Not for hardcore runners
It’s hard not to be impressed with the state of the art technology that’s packed into the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill for all you bargain hunters.
Featuring a large backlit LCD monitor that displays the time, distance, speed, calories, incline, and heart rate, it keeps you in the ‘know’ for your workout at all times.
The SF-T7515 Treadmill is equipped with preset interval programs that modify time, speed, and incline, ensuring you don’t find a rhythm and the workout is constantly being adjusted.
If that wasn’t impressive enough it has three countdown modes to target certain goals for time, distance, and calories.
Giving you a constant goal to work towards and striving for your personal best.
The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to access music that motivates you to keep going or if you want to have a good old fashion phone catch up.
You can answer your phone calls by syncing your phone via Bluetooth and onboard speakers with the built-in microphone.
The treadmill has a max speed of 8 MPH. Whilst this is not enough for a hardcore runner, for a beginner or mid-level runner simply wanting to keep in shape, a max speed of 8MPH is more than enough to keep you engaged.
The SF-T7515 Treadmill is easy to fold up and the built-in transportation wheels make it super convenient to move and store it after use.
The Soft Drop System makes it painless to unfold the treadmill.
A standout contender providing quality and an abundance of features for a great price.
- Folding deck, soft-drop hydraulic system
- Transport wheels
- Adjustable stabilizers
- Shock absorption elements integrated into the deck
- Motorized incline, up to 12%
- Speed settings up to 8.0 MPH
- LED-backlit display
- 8 preset workout programs
- 3 user profiles
- Body Mass Index function
- Goal settings for time, distance & calories
- Sound system & Bluetooth connectivity
- Tablet holder
- Accessory trays built-in the dashboard
- Pulse sensors integrated into the handlebars
- 2.2 horsepower motor
- Brand: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Model: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
- Size: 64.5 x 28 x 50.5 inches
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- Sturdy construction for a walking treadmill
- Can support users up to 250 pounds
- Great speed adjustment increments of 0.1 MPH, giving you the possibility to find the perfect pace for your workout
- Energy saving
- Very easy to assemble
- Not a great warranty - 3-year structural frame warranty & 180-days other parts & components warranty
- A tablet placed on the tablet holder will cover the quick speed controls & partially obstruct the console display
The Goplus 2-in-1 Folding Treadmill just stripped you of every excuse under the sun of why you work committed folk can’t get a workout under your belt, be it at your home office or in the privacy of your office.
The Goplus has 2 modes to meet your different sporting needs. When the riser is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine, whilst doing other things whilst walking.
When the handrail is raised, you can run. Getting your daily steps and strides in just got a whole lot easier!
With a powerful and yet ultra-quiet motor with a horsepower of 2.25, you can walk or run without fretting about disturbing others, making it perfect for home and office use.
The Goplus comes with a robust, durable steel frame, shock-absorbing, making your brisk walk or run quieter and more comfortable.
You can be doing that walk whilst being on a conference call.
The 5-layer non-slip texture belt offers safe cushioning for the knees and an overall smoother running experience and you get to monitor your progress easily via the LED display which showcases speed, the distance covered, and the time and calories burned.
Getting the right tempo for your workout is made possible by connecting the Goplus to your phone through Bluetooth or you can make use of the phone holder and use your phone, whilst working out. Without missing a single step.
Finally, the ace up Goplus’ sleeve is its compact foldable design and built-in transport wheels which make it easy to move and store this under the desk treadmill, saving you space.
All this comes at a budget-friendly price.
- 2-in-1 folding alloy steel treadmill
- Comes with a phone holder & a safety key
- Available in 7 colors
- Strong & quiet 2.25 Horsepower
- Running/walking area size: 40 x 16 inches
- Speed 3-8 MPH
- Operated via remote control
- Non-slip running belt & multifunctional LED Display
- Built-in Bluetooth speaker
- Weight capacity 265 pounds
- Brand: Goplus
- Model: Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
- Size: Assembled dimension - 49 x 27 x 42 inches
Folded dimension: 52 x 27 x 5 inches
- 1-year warranty
- A great under the desk treadmill for brisk walking or light jogging
- Lightweight & foldable
- Easy assembly
- Compact, convenient storage
- Whisper-quiet operation, great for the office
- Ideal for home office use or a private office
- Not for hardcore runners, HIIT, or marathon training
- No incline/decline feature
- Operated by remote control. If the remote stops working you cannot use the treadmill
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 earns its place fair and square in our top list of treadmills offering an array of snazzy features that will take your workout experience to a whole new level.
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is a little pricey compared to former models, however, it has a lot to offer for its price tag.
It offers an impressive decline that goes down to -5% and an incline of 15%, allowing you to rev up your cardio training as well as working all those key muscles in your legs that otherwise might be coasting on a flat surface.
It comes with a free heart rate armband that operates via Bluetooth, providing accurate heart rate measurements, enabling you to align your workout intensity so that you stay within the ideal range.
The Treadmill 10 offers JRNY, an interactive program that gives access to a suite of interactive workouts, in over 40 destinations around the globe and virtual coaching.
Working out at home doesn’t mean you go it solo. You’re part of a fitness community.
As if that wasn’t impressive enough, the Bowflex Treadmill 10 pushes out the boat with streaming capability so you can watch your favorite shows on Netflix, Amazon, and other platforms.
Let your time on the Bowflex Treadmill 10 flyby, whilst watching a show that you’re addicted to.
Featuring a state-of-the-art 10-inch touchscreen display, allows the flexibility to get the perfect angle whilst you workout.
Finally, the cherry on the cake comes with an easy SoftDrop folding deck, which supports a max super weight of 400 pounds.
If your budget permits, this would be one hell of an addition to your home gym.
- Built-in JRNY experience (membership required, a free 2-month trial included with purchase)
- 10-inch interactive console
- Adjustable HD touchscreen
- Speed 0 - 12 MPH
- -5% - 15% motorized incline
- 22 x 60-inch tread belt
- Comfort Tech deck cushioning
- SoftDrop folding system
- Bluetooth enabled for smart devices & heart rate monitor
- Heart rate armband included
- Built-in media shelf
- Brand: Bowflex
- Model: Bowflex Treadmill 10
- Size: 85 L x 39.6 W x 65.3 H - inches
- 15-year frame & motor warranty
- 5-year mechanical parts, 2-year labor & 1-year electronics warranty
- Standard shipping $99 in the Contiguous US
- Good incline/decline training capability
- Ideal treadmill for people seeking goal orientated coach technology
- A good option for runners, HIIT, marathon training
- Streaming capability to watch your favorite shows
- Standard shipping plus assembly $349
The Nautilus Performance Series brings the Nautilus T618 Treadmill to your humble abode. It’s exclusively designed to help runners unleash their potential.
Loaded with 26 performance training programs, it rarely gets better than this.
A range of programs is on offer from the interval, heart rate, weight management, and long-distance running. Giving you the option to choose your torture.
RunSocial programs can be accessed with an iPhone or iPad. Best described as a “mixed reality” platform combining users’ avatars with interactive video of real-life routes.
As you work out on the treadmill, your avatar moves through breathtaking scenes in line with your pace.
That’s not all you can plan a virtual run with friends and family or other RunSocial users from around the world.
Enabling space-saving the T618 treadmill can be folded and stored in a vertical position after use and when in use offers a generous size running treadmill area.
With a maximum speed capacity of 12 MPH and max inclines of up to 15%, your legs will be put through an arduous workout.
Advanced cushioning gives impact deflection, softening the landing at the front of the deck whilst propelling kick-off at the back of the stride which energizes your workout.
If you opt for the Nautilus T618 Treadmill, it’s sure to put a spring in your step!
- Fully loaded console with backlit DualTrack screens
- 26 built-in Nautilus Performance training programs
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Track metrics on the free Explore the World app
- Motor 3.5 horsepower
- Max speed of 12 MPH
- Automated incline up to 15%
- Chest strap for wireless pulse monitoring
- Max user weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Exclusive Rebound Cushioning System
- Integrated towel & accessory bar
- Brand: Nautilus
- Model: Nautilus T618 Treadmill
- Size: 78 x 37.6 x 62.8 inches
- 15-year frame & motor warranty
- 5-year parts & electronics warranty
- 2-year labor warranty
- Returns permitted within 6 weeks of the purchase
- Standard shipping $99 in the Contiguous US
- Supports four user profiles
- Ideal for runners, HIIT & marathon training
- Spacious tread belt
- Mid-range price
- Foldable to help conserve space
- Standard shipping plus assemble $349
- Heavy machine weight
With an impressive 22-inch Smart HD Touchscreen, streaming live workouts on the sleek NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill hosted by iFit trainers is within your grasp.
Alternatively run the world, by enjoying workouts on indoor or outdoor trails, be it New Zealand or Bolivia. Be transported around the world.
Access treadmill workouts with elite trainers via the on-demand studio sessions and push yourself by competing against the iFit community. After all, a little healthy competition never hurt anyone!
The Automatic Trainer Control allows your iFit trainer to digitally adjust your incline, decline, and speed so that you can focus on running worry-free.
The Commercial 2950 Treadmill allows you to be plugged in, showing your personalized workouts progress and stats. Keeping you in the driver’s seat of your fitness goals.
You can run like your life depends on it at all hours of the day with the quiet drive incline tech, making your running experience quieter and smoother without annoying your neighbors or better half.
The Commercial 2950 Treadmill boasts the RunnersFlex cushioning, which allows the impact on your joints to be softened.
Offering you the ‘runner’s high’ experience without the high impact of road-running and allowing you to run for longer.
Take your next stride with the Commercial 2950 Treadmill.
- 22-inch Smart HD Touchscreen
- 1-year iFit Membership included
- Automatic trainer controls
- HD graphics performance with added processor cooling
- Quiet drive incline tech
- Bluetooth headphone connectivity
- 3-inch digitally amplified speakers
- Runners flex cushioning
- 22 x 60-inch commercial tread belt
- Dual auto-breeze workout fans
- 0 - 15% incline
- 0 - 3% decline
- 0 - 12 MPH speed
- 300-pound user capacity
- SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist
- Brand: NordicTrack
- Model : NordicTrack Commercial 2950
- Size: 79.5 L x 39.2 W x 66.6 H - inches
- 10-year frame warranty
- 2-year parts & 1-year labor warranty
- Returns permitted within 30 days of receipt
- Large tread belt
- Space saver
- Workout variety - 40 built-in workout program downloads
- Cannot ship to P.O. or APO Boxes with internet orders
- Difficult assembly & need to pay extra for in-home delivery
- On the pricier end for folding treadmills
There are zero excuses for not getting in a planned workout with this impressive treadmill, with the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Treadmill.
Ideal for joggers and sprinters alike, the extra-large 22 x 60-inch deck is on par with running decks in commercial standard treadmills. Allowing you the freedom to run unchecked.
Built with shock-absorbing 3-zone variable response cushioning provides the ideal amount of flex and support during your treadmill workout.
Combined with heavy-duty materials and the strongest deck and frame combination ensure the 7.8 AT Treadmill will stand the toughest of workouts.
Achieve maximal results with the Sprint 8 HIIT program and with a rapid sync motor, making it ideal for the most challenging interval training with a 33% faster response time to changes in speed and incline and a powerful 4.0 horsepower. Ensuring a smoother running experience.
The 7.8 AT Treadmill provides a clear view of workout data on a full-color display.
Taking your workouts to the next level has never been easier by connecting your content with Bluetooth, with integrated speakers for a truly immersive experience.
If there’s one drawback to the 7.8 AT Treadmill at this price point, it’s that it doesn’t come with an integrated screen, so it requires you to use your own iPad/tablet.
If you’re not phased with having to bring your own device, then get ready to plug and play your next workout.
Designed to work with any live or on-demand fitness app, means you never have to work out alone!
- Frame type: FeatherLight Folding
- Running area: 22 x 60 inch XL deck
- Cushioning: 3-zone variable response cushioning
- Drive motor: 4.0 CHP RapidSync Drive System
- Speed range: 0.5 - 12mph
- Incline range: 0 - 15%
- Accessory tray & aluminum side rails
- Audio in/out Jack & Bluetooth speakers
- Energy Saver Mode, fan
- Water bottle holder
- Brand: Home Fitness
- Model: Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Treadmill
- Size: Assembled dimensions - 76 x 37 x 64 inches
Folded dimensions - 42 x 37 x 71 inches
- Frame & motor lifetime warranty
- 5-year parts & 2-year labor warranty
- 100% guarantee, if not satisfied return/full refund within 30 days of purchase
- Free standard shipping to your main entrance
- Ideal for runners looking for incline interval training
- Great for people seeking foldable treadmills to save space
- Extra-large running track
- Does not come with an integrated screen, so it requires you to use your own iPad/tablet
- Lack of built-in programs
- To use workout apps, have to pay additional ongoing subscription costs in addition to the treadmill purchase
Finding a treadmill that is good quality and meets your needs without you having to fork out a bucket load for it, is a challenge, to say the least.
Luckily that’s exactly what you get with the MaxKare Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine.
Its equipped with 15 pre-set programs and speed levels that can be customized from 0.5 to 8.5 MPH, ideal for newbies or people looking to get a start with low impact cardio in their home.
With three manual incline settings, you can increase the angle of the treadmill belt allowing your workout to be varied, more challenging, and burning more calories. After all, variety is the spice of life.
The pride and joy of the MaxKare Folding Treadmill is the cutting-edge wide multi-layer tread belt, which is synced with an anti-shock system, reducing the stress on your joints.
The built-in suspension cushions feet with each stride taken, allowing you to work out for longer and with comfort.
The Soft Drop folding system enables easy folding and unfolding of the treadmill.
The hydraulic system ensures the treadmill is safely handled and the transportation wheels allow it to be easy and trouble-free to move the treadmill post-use.
It has an easy-to-read LCD display allowing the tracking of key workout statistics and has a console that has a cup holder and can hold a tablet as well.
Allowing you to remain hydrated and entertained during your workout.
What are you waiting for, start your workout now!
- Electric motorized foldable treadmill
- Large LCD display
- 15 pre-set programs
- Speed 0.5 - 8.5 MPH
- 17-inch wide multi-layer tread belt
- Whole machine anti-shock system
- Supports maximum user weight of 220 pounds
- 3 adjustable inclines
- Transportation wheels, allowing it easier to move
- Monitor real-time data - speed, time, calories, distance & heart rate
- Brand: MaxKare
- Model: MaxKare Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine
- Size: Assembled dimensions - 53.39 x 26.18 x 45.95 inches
Folded dimensions - 28.47 x 26.18 x 46.42
- Lifetime frame warranty
- 1-year motor warranty & 90 days parts warranty
- Very quiet
- Easy to assemble
- Portable for easy storage
- Easy to read large LCD display
- A good option for those on a limited budget but want a quality exercise treadmill
- Ideal for those who want a low impact workout
- User weight capacity is only 220 pounds
- Not for those seeking an intense workout with a top running speed of only 8.5 MPH
There are so many different treadmills from manual to foldable, ones that offer inclines to other hi-tech features. It helps to know what to look for before making your purchase.
Buying a treadmill should be viewed with a long-term view and as an investment. You want the treadmill to last.
We’ve outlined how to choose the most suitable treadmill for you based on your fitness goals, features you may want to screen for, and your budget.
All you have to do is get ready to run like Forrest Gump once you’ve made your purchase.
Types of Treadmills
Treadmills are often a pricey purchase. You only want to buy a treadmill once you fully understand the different types of treadmills available on the market.
Finding the right treadmill for your body weight and the type of exercise you wish to do, whether its: running, walking, interval training, incline, endurance running or any other type of workout is key.
Manual Treadmill – A manual treadmill uses rollers and a belt, which a user must move with the action of their feet. The treadmill belt only moves if you move it, it doesn’t move by itself.
Users expend more effort using a manual treadmill, on the other hand, you get to set your own pace.
A manual treadmill may not be the best option for you if you are lacking motivation, as you may feel like you are lugging weight. Manual treadmills are often the cheaper models on the market.
Manual treadmills are great if you are on a limited budget and focused solely on getting into shape, as you’ll be doing all the work.
Motorized Treadmill – A motorized treadmill allows you to maintain speed as the treadmill motor moves the belt at a pace you set electronically.
The lion’s share of motorized treadmills enables you to increase or decrease the incline of the treadmill belt.
Motorized treadmills require electricity, are sturdier and larger in size than the average manual treadmill. They require a permanent place in your home.
A motorized treadmill is not for people seeking portable treadmills that can be folded away after use.
Folding Treadmills – As the name suggests folding treadmills offer the option to fold the console and running deck with a locking system for safety.
The majority of folding treadmills can be raised, but don’t fully fold flat. This ensures that despite being portable and compact use when being used the treadmill frame is sturdy.
A foldable treadmill is ideal if you are on a modest budget and space is an issue in your home.
Commercial Treadmills – Semi-commercial and commercial treadmills provide a variety of high-quality features.
From a motorized incline, horsepower, cushioned running deck, to interactive screens and features enabling heart training.
The primary difference between semi-commercial and commercial treadmills is how much time you can use the treadmill in a day.
Commercial treadmills can be used constantly for around 12 hours a day. Semi-commercial treadmills are perfect for keen runners.
Semi-commercial treadmills are a great option to have at home if your budget and home space allows. They are sturdy, have a longer running belt, come equipped with a range of hi-tech features, and are durable.
Other Treadmills – Such as the under the desk treadmill and medical treadmills.
- Under the Desk Treadmill – An under the desk treadmill allows you to use a treadmill for walking and a desk for working while you walk. A great option for workaholics, who may struggle to find the time to workout. An under the desk treadmill is not the right option for you if you are a keen runner and your primary fitness goal is to run.
- Medical Treadmills – Medical treadmills are also known as anti-gravity treadmill or zero gravity treadmill. This is highly beneficial as preventive rehab therapy, allowing you to workout whilst recovering. A medical treadmill allows you to walk or run at a lower percentage of the bodyweight.
Maximum User Weight – Pay attention to the treadmill belt, frame, and motor which all provide an indication of the quality of the treadmill and what the maximum user weight the treadmill supports.
A good treadmill for the home will support a maximum user weight of over 160kg / 352 pounds.
Commercial treadmills often support a maximum user weight of over 180kg / 396 pounds.
Adjustability – Many treadmills have top speeds between 10 and 12 mph, some go even faster than this.
The typical incline gradient for an average treadmill ranges from 10 to 15 percent, however, some treadmills offer a steeper incline.
If you want to vary your workouts with uphill climbs, then you may want to seek a treadmill that offers a higher percentage of incline.
Ergonomics – As a runner, you want to select a treadmill that has a long deck length, where you can run or walk confidently and both your walking and running strides are accommodated comfortably.
If you are tall, it is important that you are not having to shorten your strides to fit the length of a shorter belt.
Horsepower – Horsepower is a unit of measurement for motor size. A treadmill with a large horsepower of 3hp or more indicates a top-quality motor that is durable.
Frame – Treadmill frames are made from steel or aluminum. Steel frames are sturdy and are quieter sounding.
Aluminum frames are equally strong but are not as springy as steel frames.
Which frame you opt for comes down to personal taste.
Shock Absorption – Treadmills that have a built-in shock absorption system can enable you to run for longer and reduce the chance of developing injuries related to running.
Avoid running decks that provide spring shock absorption systems, as they return the force of a stride back into the body.
Variable Durometer Elastomer Cushions absorb some of the impacts and are often found in commercial treadmills.
Size – The average size of a treadmill is 77 inches long and 35 inches wide.
A folding treadmill will be half its length when stowed away. The floor space needed for a treadmill is more, as you need room on either side, the front, and the rear of the treadmill.
The size is important when considering where you may want to place the treadmill permanently, or whether it’s more optimal to go for a treadmill that folds after being used.
Weight and Assembly – Whilst a manual treadmill is much lighter, an average motorized treadmill can weigh between 200 to 220 pounds.
Give some thought to whether you can assemble the treadmill or whether the model/brand you buy offers assembly assistance. Most treadmills are not a one-person assembly job.
Heart Rate Monitoring and Programs – There are two types of heart rate monitors. Wearable monitors and hand sensor monitors.
Wearable monitors can be watches or chest straps, which you wear whilst working out. Hand sensors take your pulse via hand grips on the treadmill.
Some people don’t like using hand grips, they find it restricts their workout and prefers wearable monitors. What you select comes down to personal taste.
Safety Features – Do you want side handrails? Some runners like handrails to help them balance when they first get on a treadmill and ease into a run.
Alternatively, after you’ve been running and you want to slow down, the handrails can be an anchor, preventing you from stumbling before a final stop.
Does the treadmill offer a slow start/stop? Most people like starting off slowly and increasing the speed of their workout. This is a feature most good quality treadmills will offer.
Hi-tech Features – In the digital age we live in, we’ve been spoilt with our fitness machines coming equipped with smart technology.
Do you want a treadmill to have docks for smartphones, iPods, USB ports, Bluetooth, and wireless internet connectivity? Do you want interactive workout programs for a more immersive experience?
Be cognizant that any on-demand workouts or live streams will most likely come with additional monthly/yearly subscription costs in addition to the purchase cost of a treadmill.
Budget – The average price of a new motorized treadmill is around the $1,000 mark. The more sophisticated features a treadmill has, the higher the price is, venturing into $3,000 upwards.
There’s no question treadmills are pricey and will cause a dent in your finances. If your budget allows, splash out on a good quality semi-commercial treadmill, which comes equipped with high-end features, and is durable.
Returns – Is there a trial period? Does the model come with money-back guarantees?
Many brands will offer a 28-day money-back guarantee providing you return the treadmill in its original packing and you pick up the tab for return costs.
Warranties – Read the fine print and be clear who the warranty is with. Typically the warranty is with the original manufacturer. What duration is the warranty for?
Warranty duration differs for motors, electrical parts, and labor. Does the warranty cover in-home repairs during your warranty period? Does this include both labor and parts for the repair?
Is there an opportunity to extend the warranty? Do your homework.
- What are the benefits of a treadmill?
- Treadmills are great for cardiovascular benefits and help you to get into shape regardless of what your fitness level is.
Whether you want to have a brisk walk, a constant jog, training for a marathon, or want to kick it up several notches with HIIT, a treadmill offers versatile workouts for everyone.
Having a treadmill indoors means you can work out whenever you want, all year round without giving too much thought to the weather outside.
For fitness enthusiasts who enjoy running and getting a runner's high, running on a treadmill can be easier on the knees, as it can be a lower impact alternative to pounding concrete sidewalks.
Finally, when you have a treadmill at your fingertips at home, you’ve run out of all possible excuses from, no time to travel to a gym or you can’t seem to fit it into your schedule.
Ultimately it’s a long-term investment in you staying healthy and staying in shape.
- Are treadmills noisy?
- Whilst treadmills may make a slight sound, ideally, you want a treadmill that has a relatively silent motor.
After all, you don’t want to be disturbing the rest of your household or your neighbors.
Depending on the construction of your building, if noise carries easily and you want to work out at midnight or on Sundays, your neighbors will not be impressed.
Also, look into buying protection mats to protect your floor. You could also consider using an old carpet under the treadmill, which can cushion the treadmill noise vibration.
- Where should you keep your treadmill?
- You should avoid keeping electronic fitness equipment in cold rooms, such as garages. Especially when these rooms can get super cold during the winter months.
The last thing you want is condensation building inside the electrical circuit boards.
You also don’t want to put a treadmill in a room that gets super hot. You don’t want to be roasting whilst you workout.
Put your treadmill where you are likely to use it, with access to music or home equipment and if possible a window, so that you can open a window should you need it.
- How much space do I need for a treadmill?
- You should ensure that you have sufficient room to walk around your treadmill. Avoid obstructions on the rear and to the front.
- What maintenance will need to be done for a treadmill?
- To ensure your treadmill stays in good condition every three months lubricate and tighten the belt.
Dust the treadmill and make sure the area under the treadmill is kept clean and dirt free.
- What is the life expectancy of a treadmill?
- How long a treadmill will last, depends on the make, the model you buy and how often you use it, and how well you maintain the treadmill.
The higher your budget, the better quality treadmill you’ll get which will last longer.
The general rule of thumb is, the average life expectancy of a treadmill is from 7 to 12 years.
- What treadmill is best for marathon training?
- A commercial or semi-commercial treadmill will be the most optimal treadmill to train for a marathon.
- Get smart about treadmills – Harvard Health Publishing
- Leisure – Time Running Reduces All-Cause and Cardiovascular Mortality Risk – NCBI
- Running for health: Even a little bit is good, but a little more is probably better – Harvard Health Publishing
- The Health Benefits of Running and Jogging – Crossroads Medical Group
- The Truth Behind ‘Runner’s High’ and Other Mental Benefits of Running – John Hopkins Medicine
- The Transcriptional Signature of a Runner’s High – PubMed