From the moment we wake up until we go to sleep, most people are on the go.
Is it a surprise that our back muscles are fatigued, stressed, and in pain by the end of the day?
Who doesn’t love the idea of getting a massage, but you can’t keep running to a spa or a professional masseuse every day to get an expensive massage.
That’s why more and more people are turning to electrical massage devices that they can use at home.
Whilst there are many different types of back massage devices out there, the handheld electrical back massager is in a league of its own.
It’s designed to cover large surface areas of the back, many come with long handles to be able to reach those “hard-to-reach” spots.
Many handheld electric back massagers offer a few different massage types, so whether you’re a fan of kneading, tapping, heat therapy, or shiatsu-style massages, there is something for everyone.
We’ve compiled a shortlist of the best handheld electric back massagers available, ranging from the more economical models to the pricier ones.
Get massaging, we’ve got your back on this one!
Handheld Electric Back Massager
The Mighty Bliss Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager is an outstanding option for a handheld electric back massager.
It offers the ideal home remedy to help get rid of unbearable back pain or painful knots in your back, without the large bill of a professional massage or chiropractor.
What’s more, you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home, to benefit from the Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager.
With a super powerful 3,700 RPM percussion motor, imagine 3,700 pulses of bliss being emitted into your muscles per minute. Your hurting muscles and cramps will relax in no time.
It comes equipped with six different massage heads, is slim and lightweight, with a rechargeable battery.
The battery takes a mere 60-minutes to charge, once charged you can use the massager for 120-minutes.
Making it an ideal companion to take with you at home and on your travels.
Let Mighty Bliss Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager relieve your back troubles!
- 3,700 RPM powerful percussion motor
- Slim & lightweight design
- 6 different massage heads
- Built with Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- 120-minutes battery life once charged
- Brand: Mighty Bliss
- Model: Mighty Bliss Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager
- Specifications: 17.63 x 7.52 x 3.23 inches
- Lifetime warranty
- Designed for home therapy & muscle recovery
- Lifetime replacement
- Versatile use for back and other parts of the body (neck, shoulders, legs & feet)
- Ideal for people seeking deep tissue massage to help with knotted muscles & spasms
- Great for increasing blood flow
- Travel-friendly & quiet
- 120-minutes battery life after a single charge
- Long handle to reach difficult massage areas
Two pivoting massage heads deliver a powerful and relaxing massage experience with the HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat.
This deep kneading handheld massager has an optional heating feature, allowing the heat to penetrate tired muscles and making your massage soothing and relaxing.
Deep kneading nodes mimic the movements of a massage therapist to help loosen knots and relieve pain.
The dual pivoting massage heads operate at up to 3,100 pulses per minute.
Enjoy four different speed settings, allowing you to vary the massage from a gentle, relaxing massage to a more vigorous deep tissue massage.
The percussion nodes move up and down, delivering a massage on par with the best masseuse without breaking the bank.
Lightweight, weighing a modest 2.5 pounds makes this back massager hassle-free to travel with.
Backed with a 2-year limited warranty, allows you to focus on using this handheld massager with its ergonomic handle to offer your back some much-needed TLC!
- Percussion massage with dual pivoting nods
- Kneading massage
- Powerful motor with 3,100 RPM
- 4 adjustable speed settings
- 3 custom massage heads - gentle, firm, or heated
- Ergonomic handle with rubber grip
- Brand: HoMedics
- Model: HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
- Specifications: 17.13 x 5.94 x 5.51 inches
- 2-year limited warranty
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Great for people wanting a kneading style massage
- Lightweight & portable
- Optional heat feature
- Easy to use
- Some users may not find the massage intense enough
The Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager allows you to enjoy restorative deep tissue massage in your home or on the go without extortionate spa prices.
Perfect for providing muscle relaxation, treat post-workout soreness and help relieve pain and work through stubborn knots and adjustable speed settings allow you to select a more gentle to intense massage.
Sporting 4 unique attachment heads; from a flat disc ideal for large surface areas like the back to a four-finger flex massage great for massaging your neck, replicating a finger massage.
Acupoint head massage, amazing for targeting deep into the tissue of your back and pinpointing specific areas of tension.
Finally, the deep muscle ball massage smoothly thumps your muscles and creates a relaxing all-over massage.
Battery-powered, with a long power cable and backed with a solid 2-year warranty, all for a modest price, it’s time you relieved your back and neck from pain!
- Deep-tissue percussion therapeutic massager
- 2 colors: blue & red
- Adjustable intensity
- 4 unique attachment heads
- Long power cord
- Spiral lock attachments
- Motor - Up to 3,350 RPM
- Long handle
- Brand: Wahl
- Model: Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
- Specifications: 6.5 x 16 x 10.88 inches
- 2-year warranty
- Enjoy restorative deep tissue massage in your home without pricey spa bills
- Ideal for reducing pain, fatigue from joints, sports injuries, muscle knots, stress & enhances flexibility
- Ergonomic design
- The large flat disc is effective for areas where you don't need to have a pinpoint massage
- Adjustable speed
- A long handle allows greater coverage of the back
- Not for people seeking shiatsu or infrared massage
If you are looking for a deep tissue massager for the back look no further than the Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager, which delivers in spades without making a dent in your wallet.
A powerful motor of 3,600 pulses per minute offers a deep tissue massage, getting into all those nooks and crannies in your back.
After using the massager for 20-minutes, it will automatically shut down, preventing the massager from over heating.
Boasting 5 interchangeable head attachments; a round head for a general point massage, a point-head for a focused trigger-point massage, an intensive head for bigger areas offering soft contact, a 3-point head for a softer massage, and finally a curved head perfect for massaging arms and legs.
Cordless and rechargeable with a battery life of 140-minutes once fully charged you’re all set to start your back massage with the extra-long ergonomic silicone handle for an easy grip.
Get a back massage anytime, anywhere!
- Cordless handheld massager, battery-powered
- Powerful motor - 3,600 RPM
- 20-minute auto shutdown
- 5 massage heads
- 5 percussion modes
- 5 adjustable intensity levels
- A battery life of 140-minutes
- Ergonomic silicone handle for easy grip
- Brand: Renpho
- Model: Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager
- Specifications: 15 x 3 x 4.5 inches
- Suitable for men, women, friends & family
- Great for people seeking a firmer deep tissue massage, breaking up knots & speeding up recovery
- Adjustable intensity levels
- 5 different massage heads
- A longer handle makes it easy to reach "hard places"
- A good option for people who like vibration type of massages
- Cordless & travel-friendly
- Not for people looking for heat therapy
If you’re looking for an upper-end deep tissue percussion massager, the TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager is an excellent choice.
Designed to replicate a deep tissue massage you would expect from a professional masseuse the TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager recreates the experience in the comfort of your humble abode, bringing you round-the-clock deep tissue relief.
Delivering a powerful therapeutic massage that penetrates deeply into sore muscles and knots in your body, providing relief for body aches and melting the tension away, this powerful electric back massager comes with variable speed settings.
3 different attachment heads, each of them constructed to provide a distinct massage experience; shiatsu, acupoint, and a scalp massage.
The dual acupoint mimics the fingers of a masseuse performing kneading massage, while the shiatsu massage attachment recreates the effect of a deeper pressure point massage using the knuckles or the elbow.
The extended power cord allows long reach so that you can use it in comfort and reach all those hard-to-reach spots.
Experience true deep tissue therapeutic relief with the TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager today!
- Percussion action trigger point massage
- Powered with corded electric
- Variable massage intensity
- 3 head attachments for distinct massages
- Extended power cord for long reach
- Brand: TheraFlow
- Model: TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
- Specifications: 16.1 x 4.57 x 3.9 inches
- 1-year guarantee
- Suitable for people seeking a deep tissue massage & want to boost blood circulation
- Variable use on other body parts along with your back
- Delivers a truly strong percussion action trigger point massage to soothe muscle soreness, pain & tightness
- Adjustable intensity
- 3 attachments for different style massages
- Extended power cord enables further reach/flexibility
The Viktor Jurgen Handheld Back Massager is the ideal handheld electric back massager for those of you on a modest budget.
Sporting the option of a single head or double head attachment, which mimics a massage given with one hand or a massage given with two hands.
Ideal not only for the back but for other areas of the body from the neck, legs, and foot.
Boasting a powerful motor that runs up to 3,350 pulses per minute and offering customizable speed settings means that you are completely in the driving seat on how light or firm the massage is.
You get 3 different massage heads, offering distinct massages all rolled into one massage device. Deep shiatsu massage, acupuncture treatment, and air cushion stick.
A non-slip comfortable strong rubber handgrip ensures ease of use and comfort whilst massaging your back.
The extra-long cord length enables you to get to all those awkward massage spots, without having to worry about whether the cord length will reach there.
A great aid for fatigue and pain. Let the Viktor Jurgen Handheld Back Massager rejuvenate your back!
- Dual head handheld percussion massager
- Rubber material
- Corded electric
- 3 massage heads
- Powerful copper motor, with 3,350 RPM
- Customizable speed & motion settings
- Non-slip, rubber grip handle
- Extra-long power cord
- Brand: Viktor Jurgen
- Model: Viktor Jurgen Handheld Back Massager
- Specifications: 6.69 x 5.51 x 14.57 inches
- 3-year limited warranty
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Choice of double heads massage/single head massage
- Adjustable massage heads for 3 different types of massage
- Customizable intensity levels
- Built for a deep-tissue massage
- Ideal for people looking to relieve built-up muscle tension, pain & enhancing blood circulation
- Some people may find it bulky & not travel friendly
The VivReal Handheld Back Massager makes it into our top list of back massagers, with its versatility to not only massage the back but other parts of the body too.
A must-have for anyone seeking an electric percussion massager which provides various deep tissue massages, to aid pain relief at home or for you to take with you on your travels.
Equipped with 6 massage nodes, offering a massage to different parts of the body.
With 6 different speed levels, you can select the massage to be gentle, medium, or more intense.
A built-in rechargeable battery gives 100-minutes battery usage time once fully charged.
You are not able to use the back massager whilst it is being charged, due to safety reasons.
Sporting a powerful motor with up to 3,200 RPM, relieving your physical stress and fatigue in no time.
The eco-friendly ABS frosted design and the 15-minute auto-shutdown offer you comfort and safety in abundance.
It’s time to take the VivReal Handheld Back Massager home with you!
- Deep tissue/shiatsu style massage
- 6 interchangeable massage nodes
- Cordless & rechargeable
- The charged battery gives 100-minutes power usage
- 6 customizable speed settings
- Powerful motor - Up to 3,200 RPM
- 15-minutes auto-shutdown
- Eco-friendly ABS frosted design
- Brand: VivReal
- Model: VivReal Handheld Back Massager
- Specifications: 15.99 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches
- 1-year warranty
- A great option for people looking for a deep tissue/shiatsu style massage
- Ideal as a gift, for friends & family or to yourself
- Versatile use for multiple body parts
- Suitable for relieving physical stress & fatigue
- An auto-shutdown safety mechanism
- Customizable speed settings
- Suitable for those on a modest budget
- It may not be ideal if you are looking for a massager with heat therapy
The Nursal Cordless Handheld Electric Deep Tissue Massager is a first-class cordless deep percussion massager offering targeted massages on the body, including the back.
After a long day of work or after an intensive workout, soothe your aches and discomforts away with the Nursal.
Easy to use with 5 massage speeds and an ergonomic handle, enjoy the percussive and vibration therapy, offering deep tissue pain relief.
Furnished with 5 interchangeable nodes, with a round head which is the most commonly used massage head.
A curved massage head is perfect to relieve muscle pain in the arms and legs.
A flat head is ideal to apply pressure on the whole body. A scratch massage head, providing a unique massage mimicking a powerful paw.
The 7-point massage head covers larger surface areas and is suitable to massage the back, waist, and legs.
The Nursal Cordless Handheld Electric Deep Tissue Massager makes for a handy gift to show care for your loved ones!
- High-quality ABS plastic material
- 5 massage modes
- 5 massage attachment heads
- 5 adjustable speed level
- Non-slip ergonomic handle
- 15-minutes overheat protection
- Cordless & rechargeable
- Powerful motor - Up to 3,600 RPM
- Brand: Nursal
- Model: Cordless Handheld Electric Deep Tissue Massager
- Specifications: 17.8 x 6.1 x 4.2 inches
- 12-months warranty
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Cordless & rechargeable
- A great option to relax the back, neck, shoulders, arms & legs
- Suitable for improving blood circulation
- Ideal for people looking for kneading & vibration style massage
- Customizable speed setting
- Interchangeable massage modes & massage attachments
- Not for people looking for a back massager with infrared
Give your back some well-deserved TLC with the Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heating.
With 6 interchangeable massage nodes, the handheld massager comes with different massage nodes made of silicone or ABS.
They provide various deep tissue massage experiences, promoting stress relief on the back, feet, leg, calves, neck, and shoulders for full-body relaxation.
Whether you prefer a gentler massage or a more intense one, you can rotate the switch to select the right massage intensity for you.
A powerful motor with up to 3,800 RPM is spectacular in giving a reinvigorating massage. The copper-cored design of the motor ensures consistent and safe use.
An ergonomic long anti-slip handle with a streamlined design offers a comfortable grip to glide the massager on your back or other parts of your body.
The soothing heat option provides welcomed comfort to sore and stiff muscles and the overheat protection feature gives you peace of mind that you’re safe to use the device even if your mind wanders off from time-keeping duties.
- Deep tissue percussion massager with head
- 3 silicon interchangeable nodes
- Wide-ranging variable speed
- Optional heating function
- Multi-frequency vibration
- Overheating protection
- Copper core motor
- Anti-slip handle
- Brand: Naipo
- Model: Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heating
- Specifications: 17.52 x 3.74 x 3.74 inches
- 2-year warranty
- 30-day return/full refund permitted
- Good mid-range price point
- A great option for people looking for heat therapy
- Customizable intensity & interchangeable massage nodes for a unique massage experience
- Great for use at home, at the office, or when on the go
- Suitable for relieving pain, back tension & full-body relaxation
- Makes for the perfect pain relieving & pampering gift for a loved one
- It might be a little heavy for some petite women
The TheraRub Massager Percussion Electric Massager from Clinical Health Services is a formidable addition to our top list of handheld electric back massagers.
It’s a high-quality, full-size double head massager that vibrates with a powerful motor with 3,260 RPM.
Equipped with 3 replaceable massage heads, and an extra-long power cord enables comfortable use wherever you are in your home.
The rubberized grip provides a comfortable anti-slip surface for you to glide the massager on your back.
Whilst the TheraRub doesn’t come with an auto-shut off-timer, at this price point you’ll hardly complain.
Ideal for anyone seeking pain relief at a bargain price!
- Dual head percussion massager
- 3 massage head attachments
- Variable speed control
- Rubberized grip handle
- Motor - Up to 3,260 RPM
- Extra-long power cord
- Weight - 3 pounds
- Brand: Clinical Health Services
- Model: TheraRub Massager Percussion Electric Massager
- Specifications: 14 x 7 x 4 inches
- 6-month warranty
- Returns permitted within 30-days of purchase
- Quiet for a vibration massager
- A top pick for people looking for a quality percussion massager
- Adjustable speeds
- Interchangeable massager heads
- Massage heads vibrate but don't rotate
- No automatic shut-off timer
The Purewave CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager from Pado is an admirable upper-end option for a back massager.
The dual-mode offers deep tissue tension relief and dissolves knots. The vibration mode targets delicate tissue and pinpoints pressure areas.
A powerful cordless percussion massager, with a motor with up to 3,700 RPM.
The bonus facial micro-vibration attachment has a motor on the handle side that operates up to 10,000 RPM.
With a variable speed dial, it offers the possibility to adjust the intensity of the percussion or vibration to suit your preference.
Equipped with 8 therapy-grade massage tips; from an air cushion tip, six head tip, point tip, scalp tip, body oil tip, and migraine tip.
The 3-D pivot tip distributes even pressure across joints using a wide arch design.
The stainless cream applicator tip allows you to address those hard-to-reach areas like your lower back and along the spine.
With its slim innovative design, the Purewave CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager is a standout contender for back massagers, and worth every cent!
- Dual percussion & vibration therapy massager
- cordless & rechargeable
- Motor - 3,700 RPM
- Facial micro-vibration motor on handle side operating up to 10,000 RPM
- 5 percussion attachments
- Variable speed intensity
- Slim design
- 8 therapy grade massage tips
- Brand: Pado
- Model: Purewave CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager
- Specifications: 16.5 x 2.75 x 3.5 inches
- Ideal for people looking for percussion & vibration therapy
- Good for treating back pain, sciatica, neck, leg, plantar fasciitis & tendinitis
- Ideal for relieving muscle tension & releasing trigger points
- Good for home use & travel
- 90-day free returns, total satisfaction guaranteed
- FDA registered
- Adjustable speed
- Not for people who want heat therapy
Heat therapy to melt all your stress away is on hand with the TYMO Handheld Back Massager with Heat.
For those of you with sensitive skin, enjoy soft materials being used, that are kind to your skin. From Shiatsu to body oil to air cushion.
Three variable message modes are offered. The percussion mode offers deep tissue tension relief.
The vibration mode targets delicate tissue and the fascia mode pinpoints pressure areas.
With a 45dB noise reduction, you can enjoy quiet time whilst using the TYMO Back Massager.
It’s a portable and lightweight back massager with a rechargeable battery. Once charged you have up to 140-minutes of usage time.
It’s time you came on board for well-earned pain and tension relief with the TYMO Handheld Back Massager with Heat.
- Silicone massage head
- Cordless & rechargeable battery
- Heat therapy
- 5 massage nodes
- 5 customizable speeds
- 3 customized massage modes
- Motor - Up to 3,600 RPM
- Overheat protection
- 15-minute auto-off shutdown
- Brand: TYMO
- Model: TYMO Handheld Back Massager with Heat
- Specifications: 17.91 x 4.53 x 6.3 inches
- Great for people seeking heat therapy
- Ideal for users liking vibration & pressure point therapy
- Adjustable speeds
- Interchangeable massage nodes
- A good option for people with sensitive skin
- On the pricier side
Handheld Electric Back MassagersBuying Guide
For those of you who are not able to get professional massages or regular trips to the chiropractor, to get your back treated, you may want to invest in an electric massage device for use at home.
Whilst there is a wide range of massage devices to treat the back at home, no device provides the versatility that a handheld electric massager provides.
In addition to providing targeted back treatment, many allow treatment of the shoulder, neck, arms, and other body parts.
With so many options available on the market it can be confusing to know which model to buy.
We’ve compiled a list of the key features you may need to consider when buying a handheld electric back massager.
Massage Techniques – Different massage techniques have different benefits. It helps to know what the different techniques are and which technique will aim to treat your ailment the most.
Many handheld electric massagers will offer only one type of massage technique. Other models may offer two or three different massage techniques that you can select from.
If you would like more than one type of massage technique, bear this in mind when making your purchase.
- Kneading – A handheld massager will push your muscles against your bone structure. The more you push the massager against your skin the greater the intensity of the massage will be.A kneading massage is suitable for the treatment of increasing flexibility, treating tight and stiff muscles, and helping to relieve pain.
- Tapping – A device offering tapping, involves the massage attachment head striking your body repeatedly, and thus stimulating blood flow and increasing muscle elasticity.
- Percussion – A percussion massage involves the handheld electric massager performing a series of short movements that strike your muscles.Percussion massages are great for muscle reflexes and the skin. This type of massage stimulates blood circulation and promotes muscle relaxation.
This is the most common type of massage technique found in handheld electric back massagers.
- Shiatsu – As the name suggests, Shiatsu is a massage technique hailing from Japan. It involves applying pressure to specific points of the body in a rhythmic sequence. Shiatsu massages are good to treat people with back pain, headaches, anxiety, and neck and shoulder pain.
- Vibrations – Vibrations are a massage technique where tissues are pressed and released in an upwards and downwards movement. This type of massage creates a vibrating and shaking motion onto the muscles.Vibrations is an effective massage technique that helps to increase blood circulation, aid flexibility, and mentally get people in the zone for physical activity and enhance performance.The benefits of a vibrations style massage are to relieve tight muscles, reduce stress in the back, shoulders, and calf, and thigh area.
- Infrared – Infrared massage therapy involves a combination of deep muscular and lymphatic techniques, where infrared light, similar to the kind of light generated by the sun is placed over the specific area, resulting in a healing effect. Infrared massage therapy is good for people looking to strengthen the immune system, relieve acute and chronic pains, relax the body and relieve stress caused by stressful and active days and back pain.
- Heat Therapy – Many handheld electric massagers offer the option of heating functionality, which allows a comforting and soothing massage experience.If you suffer from muscle knots, soreness, painful muscles, or lower back pain, heat therapy can help to dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow and circulation.
Massage Attachment Heads – The lion’s share of handheld electric massagers provides additional attachment heads or nodes. Different heads/nodes provide a distinct massage experience.
Ideally, you want a few different attachment heads and the possibility to adjust the speed so that you can tailor the massage to your needs.
Some handheld electric massagers use a single head massager, which can offer better reach to get to those “difficult spots”. Other models use a wider head to be able to massage a larger surface area in a short time.
Other massagers may have double heads. These can be a good option for sufferers of muscle pain.
- Roller Head – The attachment head is constructed with small bits coming out of the massage head, to stimulate blood circulation. It’s designed to give a firm massage, however, it’s not a deep tissue massage. A roller head is good to stimulate and relax muscles.
- Kneading Massage Head – A kneading massage head is formulated to give a deep-tissue massage. The massage head is constructed narrowly and it pushes further under your muscles, offering a deeper more penetrating massage.
- Scraper Head – The scraper massage is formulated to rejuvenate your skin by removing dead skin cells from your body.This is a great massage head to stimulate blood circulation and give your skin a glow.
- Wide Massage Head – A wide massage head offers a soothing and relaxing massage. This is not the massage head you want if you are looking for a deep tissue massage.
Adjustable Speed – Some handheld electric massagers offer the option to adjust speed settings from gentle to more intense. Other models may not offer the flexibility to adjust speed settings.
You may want to opt for a model that gives you the choice to switch from gentle to more intense massages, depending on how you feel on different days.
Timer/Auto Shutdown – A timer can be handy if you want to turn the handheld massager on and work on an area and not have to stress about timekeeping.
Having an auto-shutdown functionality, so the massage device shuts down after a predetermined time is a good safety feature preventing the handheld electric massager from overheating.
On the flip side, if the auto-shutdown time is too short a period for the massager to get to the source of the pain, it can be frustrating when the massager shuts off.
Think about what you want.
Size/Shape – How big or small do you want the handheld electric back massager to be? You want the handle to be long enough to get to most parts of your back.
On the other hand, you don’t want the shape/size to be so big that you cannot use the massager without a second person helping you.
Do you want to opt for an ergonomic design that can not only reach your upper back but you’re mid to lower back?
Take a beat and think about this before you take the plunge. This will ensure you are satisfied with your purchase.
Weight – If you aim to give yourself a back massage solo, and the average time for the massage is for around 10 to 15 minutes, you don’t want your arm aching because the handheld electric massager is too heavy for you.
Pick a model that is lightweight, enabling you to get to those awkward spots without your arm getting fatigued.
Battery Operated/ Rechargeable – It can be annoying to worry about how long the power cord is for a massager. If you want to be freed from this restriction, you may want to look for handheld electric massagers that are battery-operated and are rechargeable.
This is ideal if you plan to travel and take your massager with you. Many handheld massagers can’t be used whilst being plugged in to charge.
Once charged, how much battery life do you get? How often must you charge the device? Does this meet your needs?
Portability – If you want to use your handheld electric massager when you are away from home, be it on vacation, at the office, or elsewhere, consider picking a portable and lightweight device.
Price – The price of a handheld electric back massager can vary from as low as $40 to the top end of $150. What is your budget and how much are you willing to spend? Balance this against the features you wish to have.
If you want a model that is more durable and is an investment with more features and all the bells and whistles, be prepared to shell out for a model at the upper end of the spectrum.
Warranty – Check what the policy is around return and refunds and most importantly does the handheld electric massager come with a warranty.
Whilst a massage device will definitely not go on the blinker in the first few months of purchase, you want to have peace of mind, that should the device start displaying a defect you can get the issue resolved.
The cheaper the handheld electric massager is, the shorter the warranty is likely to be.
Handheld Electric Back MassagersFAQ
- What is a handheld electric back massager?
- A handheld electric massager is a massage device that you hold in your hand and apply the massager to the area on your body that you wish to massage.
The massager is either operated by an electric cord or a rechargeable battery.
The majority of handheld electric back massagers come in a wand form, with varying massage heads, ergonomic handles, and other features that may allow customization from speed settings to switching between different massage techniques via additional massage head attachments.
- How does a handheld electric back massager work?
- Make sure you read the manual fully and familiarize yourself with all the attachments the handheld electric massager comes with and what each of them does.
Plugin your device and make sure it is fully charged, ready for you to use it. Unplug the massager and sit or stand comfortably and apply the massager on the area of your back that is a problem.
Turn your device on and keep the electric massager setting to the lowest intensity setting, to begin with. Once you are comfortable with the massage technique and speed you can increase the intensity as you see fit.
If your handheld massager has an auto-shutdown feature, make sure after your session has finished, you let the massager cool down before storing it.
- What are the benefits of using a handheld electric back massager?
- Handheld electric massagers are formulated to target different parts of the back to stimulate circulation, relax stiff muscles and provide pain relief.
They are an ideal tool to alleviate back pain, without expensive chiropractic or massage bills, all from the comfort of your home.
- Can using a handheld electric back massager cause damage?
- You should not use a handheld electric back massager if you suffer from blood clots, internal lacerations, as an electric massager could exacerbate your health condition.
To be safe, ensure you consult with your primary physician before commencing any treatment or usage of a handheld electric massager.
- How long does it take to start seeing or feeling results from using a handheld electric back massager?
- This depends on the type of handheld electric back massager you are using, how often you use it, and what the root cause is of your ailment.
Some users experience immediate relief during the massage session itself, or immediately after. Other users start experiencing relief over time.
- Can I use a back massager when I’m pregnant?
- Pregnant women should not use a handheld electric back massager. Should your general practitioner approve the use of a non-electric handheld massager, this may be fine to use.
Ensure you consult with your doctor.