We do everything with our hands from the moment we wake up until we go to sleep.
It’s ironic then, that we don’t think too much about taking care of our hands with a much-earned massage.
Hands and wrists and even forearms can suffer repetitive injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Some people may experience a reduced range of motion in their hands.
Like foot reflexology, hands are thought to have reflexology points, which when massaged release tension by hitting trigger points, reinstating balance in the body.
It’s pretty difficult to give yourself a hand massage. That’s why more and more people are turning to hand massagers, to rejuvenate their palms and fingers.
We went through countless hand massagers available on the market, to bring you a shortlist of the best picks.
All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the ultimate hand massage at home.
The Breo iPalm520 Electric Acupressure Hand Massager is an awe-inspiring addition to our top list of hand massagers.
Utilizing the practice of meridian acupoint or acupressure massaging techniques, giving you the most ancient healing arts.
With infrared heat technology, the Breo iPalm520 provides soothing heat to the palms at your choice of 98F or 107F (35/42C).
Promoting blood circulation to soothe sore muscles, reduce hand fatigue, numbness, and cold fingers.
Intelligent air pressure technology precision engineering using microchip programming generates a soothing rhythm that is customizable and mimics reflexology like your hands are being kneaded on all the key acupressure points from the fingers to the palm, to both sides of the hand.
Offering three air pressure options and hundreds of specially designed dimples provide the perfect coverage to the whole hand.
Whether you are at home or on the road, the iPalm520 works cordlessly using 4 AA batteries making it super portable.
Let it be your frequent companion.
- Custom settings
- Bright LED display
- Deep-infrared energy
- Air compression
- Massages both sides of the hand
- Cordless, uses 4 AA batteries
- Brand : Breo
- Model: Breo iPalm520 Electric Acupressure Hand Massager
- Size: 11.93 x 8.74 x 4.53 inches
- Full refund permitted within 30 days of purchase
- Provides coverage for the whole hand
- Ideal for improving circulation & numbness
- Great for sufferers from arthritis
- A good option for people who like air pressure & heat compression
- Makes the perfect gift for a loved one
- It may not be the best option for people with tight tendons & muscles in their hands with no kneading or rolling
- People with larger hands may find it small
The HoMove Hand Roller Massager is an impressive hand massager, offering pain relief, improved blood circulation, and range of motion.
Sporting nineteen groups of airbags and three sets of air valves enables the airbags to work in a rhythm of inflating and deflating, whilst providing comfortable air pressure on your hand.
The three modes of massage targeting specific areas are great from the integrated model which gives a full hand massage, to the finger mode, which focuses solely on massaging fingers, and finally, finger rolling intensity.
At the end of a long day, nothing feels better than heat therapy on your hands, helping aches and pains to slip away and easing stiffness and cramping.
For those of you who want to adjust the intensity of the massages can do so, making it a comfortable and personalized experience.
Give your hands some much-earned TLC!
- 3 levels of massaging intensity
- Massaging modes: integrated mode, finger focus mode & palm focus mode
- Auto working time: 20 minutes
- Package includes: hand massager & power adapter
- Features: kneading, rolling, air pressure, heat therapy
- Brand: HoMove
- Model: HoMove Hand Roller Massager
- Size: 10.63*6.87*5.12 inches
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Customizable options & targets areas
- Ideal for people suffering from arthritis & carpal tunnel syndrome
- A great option for people looking for a massager offering kneading, air pressure, heat & adjustable intensity
- Ideal for pain relief, improving blood circulation & range of motion
- Not for people who want vibration
- Heat doesn't get very hot, only warm
- Not for people wanting a cordless model
The Cunmiso Cordless Electric Hand Massager is a must-have in any home for hands that work tirelessly every day.
The Cunmiso Hand Massager is an electric cordless massager providing six different pressure point therapy and six different levels of intensity, whether the problem area is your wrist, the top of your hand, or the palm.
If you suffer from cold hands, poor circulation, or stiffness, try the heat setting which will get your circulation going in no time.
Or try one of the two vibrational modes so that you can toggle between the two.
The built-in timer means the electric hand massager will turn off after a pre-defined time, so there’s no danger of the Cunmiso Hand Massager overheating if you relax into the abyss.
The rechargeable battery ensures long-lasting usage to provide you continuous relief from pain, swollen hands, arthritis, and other ailments.
Step forward to get your hands pampered.
- 6 intensity levels
- 6 massage modes
- Heat setting
- 2 vibration modes
- Auto power-off
- Electric & rechargeable battery
- Built-in 15-minute timer
- Brand: Cunmiso
- Model: Cunmiso Cordless Electric Hand Massager
- Size: 13.7 x 7.83 x 6.18 inches
- An ideal gift for a loved one to pamper themselves
- Ideal for arthritis, wrist & joint pain & tingles
- A good option to help with carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis & alleviate pain
- Customizable intensity levels
- Good for those seeking vibration & heat
- Good battery life
- Not for those wanting compression or kneading
Ultimate Palm and finger relaxation are at your disposal with the stately Comfier Wireless Hand Massager.
It’s a cutting-edge hand massager with heat and built-in air pressure which inflates and deflates on all sides of your hands and applies three pressure modes and three levels of intensity.
The ergonomic design ensures your whole hand is enveloped to alleviate arthritis pain and reducing stiffness and numbness, making this the go-to hand massager whether you are a computer worker, pianist, or housewife.
The optional heat feature is impressive, gentle heat helps promote blood circulation and ease any swelling on the hands. Three heating levels mean you can dial up the heat settings.
To ensure you don’t get too relaxed and forget the appliance is on, there’s a 30 timer for safe use.
It’s wireless and portable, making it idyllic to take with you, without a sizeable massage bill attached.
- Air compression massage - 3 pressure modes & 3 intensity levels
- Heat therapy - 3 pressure programs & 3 heat levels
- Ergonomically designed to envelop the entire hand
- Wireless, portable & chargeable
- Massages hands & fingers
- 15-minute auto shut-off
- 30-minute timer for safe use
- Brand: Comfier
- Model: Comfier Wireless Hand Massager
- Size: 8.43 x 8.19 x 5.24 inches
- Returns/refunds permitted within 30 days of purchase
- Great for mouse hands, cold hands, numb fingers, joint soreness, at home & travel
- Makes an ideal gift for mom
- Good price point
- Good battery life
- 2-year warranty
- Doesn't massage the thumb well
If you are looking for a unique manual hand massager, then look no further than the Roleo Hand Massager.
You insert your hand, wrist, or forearm between the two rollers that are at the top and bottom of the massager.
To get lots of compressions and kneading action with suction cups keeping your hand, wrist, or arm in one place.
A blessing in disguise for those of you suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome and golfer’s elbow, amongst other ailments.
Constructed with rugged construction and made from non-toxic materials, the Roleo Hand Massager operates with zero power, making it an ideal travel companion.
Give yourself a helping hand with the Roleo Hand Massager.
- Manual hand, wrist & forearm massager
- Rollers on the top & bottom
- Air compression & kneading
- Rotating knob - enables adjustable pressure
- Rollers with ridges
- Brand: Roleo
- Model: Roleo Hand Massager
- Size: 8 x 5 x 9.5 inches
- Can be used from hand to elbow
- Ideal for people seeking deep tissue relief, wanting compression & firm kneading at the same time
- No power source needed
- Ideal for people seeking forearm massager machine
- Not for people who want an electric hand massager, or features like vibration or heat
- Not for people suffering from arthritis or other chronic conditions that may require a gentler device
- Not for people who are looking for a device to massage fingers
The iVOLCONN Hand Massager earns its place fair and square in our list of top hand massagers.
Sporting three automatic massage modes: refresh, recover, and relax along with the ability to set an auto-timer is great for those of you who dislike fiddling with technology or forget to monitor the time.
The refresh mode focuses on the top of the hand and wrist area, stimulating nerves to relax hand muscles.
In the recovery mode, air pressure and optional heat are used to compress the hand, aiding recovery and improving blood circulation.
Finally, the relax mode targets the bottom of the hand and wrist area. The massage is softer in intensity, aimed to relax and soothe.
Give your hands a break and much-needed pampering with the iVOLCONN Hand Massager.
- Air compression massage & heat
- 3-levels of intensity
- 3 automatic massage modes: Refresh, Recover, & Relax
- Comes with AC adaptor & USB charging cable
- 3 different automatically shut-off options
- Brand: iVOLCONN
- Model: iVOLCONN Rechargeable Hand Massager
- Size: 11.93 x 7.56 x 5.67 inches
- 2-year warranty
- 30-day no-risk return policy
- Improves wrist & blood circulation
- Ideal for massage on hands, wrists & fingers
- Great for people suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, finger numbness, achy hands
- A good option for people seeking heat therapy
- Heat setting may not be powerful enough for some users
Another great hand massager from Breo makes it into our top list with the Breo WOWOS Hand Massager.
The WOWOS combines air pressure and heat compression technology to knead the entire hand and palm to stimulate the acupoints with a waving rhythm, increasing circulation and relieving soreness and fatigue, stiffness, and relieving symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Reflexology is applied to 36 reflective areas of the palm through inflation and deflation, targeting all those key areas to get you relaxed.
Say goodbye to cold hands or hands and fingers with poor circulation, the WOWOS offers heat therapy designed to improve blood flow, and aid relaxation.
Those of you who love your tech gadgets can personalize your WOWOS by using the Breo app and customize to your heart’s content with five default massaging modes aligned with three different intensities.
Taking care of your hands starts now with the Breo WOWOS Hand Massager.
- 5 different massage modes
- 3 intensity levels
- Airbags that inflate/deflate to compress fingers & palms
- Heats up to 107F (42C) with air pressure
- A different setting for the right & left hand to ensure pinpoint accuracy
- Rechargeable Lithium battery
- Soft PU leather & aluminum alloy with a dot-matrix embossed lining
- Brand: Breo
- Model: Breo WOWOS Hand Massager
- Size: 11.7 x 7.5 x 5 inches
- 1-year warranty
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed, or full refund within 30 days of purchase
- Designed specifically for women
- Wide range of settings for customization
- Lightweight & portable
- Linked to a smartphone app
- Great for people looking for a hand massager offering pinpoint accuracy on trigger points
- Not designed for men or people with large hands
The CINCOM Rechargeable Hand Massager is designed for all you women out there, to keep your hands relaxed, soft, and pain-free.
All-round hand relaxation is on offer with the CINCOM Hand Massager. If your pain is on the back of your hand, air compression is available to treat it.
If you have issues with the palm of your hand heat therapy is available to provide a hot compress.
If your wrist is out of sorts, massage modes mimicking pressing and for fingers kneading are on hand. Giving you a tailored message based on your problem area.
The rechargeable design allows transportation to be a breeze, allowing you to enjoy a hard-earned hand massage wherever you are.
- Kneading, air pressure, Heat - 3 in 1
- Kneading massage with 4 massage heads
- Adjustable & use for both hands
- 3 massage modes
- 3 strengths levels
- Optional heat, with 2 heating levels
- Brand : CINCOM
- Model: CINCOM Rechargeable Hand Massager
- Size: 9.06 x 7.87 x 4.61 inches
- Makes a great gift to use at home, in the office, or on travel
- Designed with women in mind
- Great for relieving arthritis, finger numbness & peripheral neuropathy
- Ideal for those looking for air compression & heat
- Affordable price
- Customizable strength
- Heat & pressure may not be intense enough for some people with strained or overused hands
The Lunix Cordless Electric Hand Massager with Compression is designed to give you the most comfortable and efficient hand massage in your home.
Think of it as your personal masseur without the hefty bill after the massage.
Sporting an intuitive display featuring six different intensities of massages, six different program modes, two vibration modes, and one heat function, it offers exceptional customization of massages for people who like compression or vibration style massages.
The ergonomic design and distribution of acupuncture points, ensure all key trigger points in your hand are stimulated.
You might get some dimples on your hand after using Lunix hand massager, but rest assured they disappear within 30 minutes of using the hand massager.
A manual finger massager is included as a bonus with your purchase. Making it ideal to improve blood circulation, brain activity, and sense of touch.
Whether you are a housewife, an athlete, an office specialist, or an artist, the Lunix Cordless Electric Hand Massager with Compression will help alleviate fatigue, energize hands and relieve pain from repetitive motions.
Let Lunix give you a helping hand!
- Material: plastic
- Cordless massager
- Soft interior cushioning
- 6 different intensities of massage
- 6 different program modes
- 2 vibration modes
- 1 heat function
- Ergonomic design & distribution of acupuncture points
- Includes manual finger massager
- FDA approved
- Brand: Lunix
- Model: Lunix Cordless Electric Hand Massager with Compression
- Size: 13.5 x 7.87 x 6.22 inches
- Lifetime warranty
- Wide range of settings
- Includes bonus manual finger massager
- Customization with different modes & intensities
- A good option for people seeking compression
- Ideal for travel & home use
- Makes a great gift for a loved one
- Excellent battery life
- It may not be suitable for people looking for kneading or rolling
Enjoy the ultimate hand relaxation with the splendid Daiwa Felicity Hand Massager.
It’s a compact and portable compression hand massager perfect for hardworking hands that get tight, sore, and cramped.
The top and bottom airbags rhythmically press along the hands, wrists, and fingers to stretch out stiff muscles and soothe hand pain.
For those of you who suffer from cold hands, or poor circulation, there is an optional heat setting that helps to reduce pain and swelling, with small massage nodes stimulating reflexology pressure points on the palm.
The in-built cordless lithium-ion battery is easily charged using the USB cord or adaptor.
Once charged the battery lasts up to three hours, allowing you to select one of the three massage modes available and completely unwind.
- Black pearl outer casing
- 3 automatic massage modes: refresh, recover, relax
- 3 strength levels with an optional heat setting
- Small massage nodes
- Cordless Lithium-Ion battery, rechargeable
- The battery lasts 3 hours once charged
- Brand: Daiwa
- Model: Daiwa Felicity Hand Massager
- Size: 7.99 x 5.98 x 4.02 inches
- Ideal for people who like pinpoint kneading on the back & palm of your hands
- Great for people who like small airbags that inflate/deflate
- Good for hands that are tired, fatigued & inflamed from repetitive movement
- Long battery life
- Good price for value
- Some may find the heat setting insufficiently warm
- It may be too intense for people with arthritis
We’ve outlined the key features you may want to consider when buying an electric hand massager. Step this way!
TYPES OF MASSAGE
There are two main categories for hand massage devices, manual and electric.
Manual massagers are either made of wood or metal and are constructed to go over pressure points to relieve pain.
Electric massagers are operated with electricity and they usually come with batteries that are rechargeable or replaceable.
Heating Function – This is a great feature to have if you live in a cold climate, or you suffer from cold hands.
Heat increases blood flow and reduces stiffness in connective tissues.
This can help reduce inflammation, reduce pain and water retention, and improve the range of motion in your hands.
Check what the maximum and minimum temperature is and whether the hand massager offers the capability to adjust the heat temperature.
Compression – Like air compression leg massagers, hand massagers work in a similar way by squeezing your hands, improving blood circulation, and alleviating fatigue.
Hand massagers contain air pressure bags that inflate and deflate to create this effect of kneading, offering pain relief.
Vibration – If at the end of the day your hands feel tired, heavy, and strained, vibration can help loosen tightness in the muscles and help rehabilitate energy.
Customization – Electric hand massagers are designed to treat people with a wide range of symptoms and pain suffered in their hands, fingers, and arms.
Look for hand massagers that enable you to adjust the level of intensity of the massage and have different massage nodes.
Portability & Battery Life – Do you travel a lot? Do you want a hand massager that you can take with you when you are on the go?
If you plan on traveling frequently with your massager, you may want one that is not too bulky and is cordless or that you don’t have to charge every day.
Look for hand massagers that have either a rechargeable battery or batteries that are replaceable, making them travel-friendly.
Coverage – Ideally you want a hand massager where you can insert your full palm and fingers and possibly your wrist.
If you have issues with your wrist, but the hand massager only covers your fingers and palm, this will not address your problem area. So keep an eye on this.
Ease of Use – How easy and intuitive is the hand massager to use? You want something that relaxes you, not stresses you out.
Price – How much are you able and willing to spend?
For the most part, there are lots of hand massagers on the market that are affordable, however, if you want a hand massager that has customizable features, the higher the price is.
If you suffer from ailments such as carpal tunnel syndrome, or arthritis, having a hand massager may not be nice to have, but rather a must for you.
If your budget permits, opt for a mid-range hand massager, which is high-quality, offers customizable features but doesn’t break the bank.
- How do electric hand massagers work?
- You put one hand inside the electric hand massager and it applies compression, vibration, and or heat style massage techniques to help relieve pain, stiffness, and promote circulation.
The hand massager invigorates the nerve endings in your palms, helping other parts of your body to relax and remove fatigue, stress and feel refreshed.
- What are the benefits of using a hand massager?
- Hand massagers, not only help your hand to relax but help your entire body to relax through reflexology.
Apart from a hand massage feeling very good, it has countless benefits from improving circulation, loosening hand muscles, reducing pain caused by injuries, and helping with arthritis, to name just a few benefits.
After everything your hands do each day, a hand massager offers much-needed comfort to improve the range of motion in tired and fatigued hands.
- How to use an electric hand massager safely?
- Hand massagers are relatively easy to use, however, if you are using a hand massager for the first time, it’s important you familiarize yourself with the user manual.
Ensure you take off all rings, bracelets, and watches before using a hand massager, and make sure the hand massager is placed on a stable surface.
Use one electric hand massager at a time and ensure the hand massager is kept away from water.
Once you have completed using the electric hand massager, unless there is an auto-off feature, don’t forget to switch the electric hand massager off.
After usage, ensure you safely store the hand massager, where it will not be exposed to extreme temperatures.
If you need to charge the battery do this, but ensure you don't overcharge the battery.
- How long should you use a hand massager?
- To get the best results, use consistently, maybe a few times a week. Start using the hand massager on low settings, until you get comfortable with it.
Each session should not exceed a maximum of 20 minutes. You want to ensure your sore muscles are massaged and pain is alleviated, so don’t overdo it.
If you suffer from medical conditions in the hand, wrist, or forearm, we suggest you consult your general medical practitioner before using any hand massager.
- Therapeutic Massage for Pain Relief – Harvard Health Publishing
- Massage for Neuropathy – The Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy
- Foot and Hand Massage as an Intervention for Postoperative Pain – PubMed
- Hand Pain is Reduced by Massage Therapy – PubMed
- Managing Hand and Wrist Arthritis – Arthritis NSW